Thread: Duo stock

Feedback Score

Duo stock

Has anyone used the Duo stock and if so how did you like it?

Feedback Score

Smile

Our team got a bunch through a grant from the company and the NTOA. first thing-they are ugly as sin. But, they work as advertised and they are comfortable. Everyone on my department that got one uses it and likes it-except one deputy. I am that one deputy, and my reasons for not using it on my issue M4 are two-fold. First, I will say that I will use it someday on another rifle. I used it in a Pat Rogers carbine class and all that entails, and it functioned very well! I love it in the prone position on a scoped rifle, as I feel it's more comfortable and gives me a more stable setup than a regular carbine collapsible. The shape of the stock really sits excellent in the pocket for me, and if used on a 6-position buffer tube will allow for some excellent adjustments. But, it is the shape of the stock that has given me two problems. #1, the shape is so thick that when I deploy the M4 from the upright lock and mount in between the seats, the stock is such that for me it catches too much on the way out. I like to be able to deploy it right now, and mine is set up if it's an emergency I can shoot from a seated position still. Now, problem #2 for me: I like to keep the gun ready with the stock fully collapsed. As such, the bottom portion that provides all the comfort and stability in the pocket and allows for that "rolling" from low ready to a shooting position also locks my wrist when I bring the gun out of a CQB position I use to a shouldered position. If I extend the stock one notch this problem goes away, but I was still stuck with the issue of trying to deploy it from within the car. I can manage with the one notch for after the rifle is deployed, but I can't compromise on how to get it out of the car, as I'm stuck with the lock and mount setup I have. This is all just my opinions, and I will still reccommend the stock to anyone, as it is functional. And it made my rifle immortal by getting included in Pat Roger's Ugly Rifle photo collection book in his classes!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks for the info. Sounds like i will be getting one . This is one of the things i love about this site. You can get a good idea on things before you spend your well erned money

Feedback Score
    I had looked at getting the Duo-Stock myself. Problem was, I couldn't find anyone with hands on experience.

Now that I have it, I may include one on my next build!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP