Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on mixing boo-boo and trauma kits

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree, that is a great bag. I was just on their site and was wondering if Rob would like that bag.

I will get one when they are available...
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Think it might work for boo boos?
    I don't see why not.

I just emptied out my boo boo kit which I found now just consists of a sandwich bag of mixed band aids and blister thingies, a sandwich bag of pre-cut Moleskin strips and some gauze sponge, a small field dressing, some tape, Tylenol, small bug spray, Neosporin, Oragel, mini Squirt Gerber, tweezers, hand sanitizer, a couple of antiseptic wipes and for some reason a small sewing kit from the PX with fold up scissors in it.

Reckon that would all fit easy. I'm guessing others Boo Boo kits are more comprehensive than mine though!
    Last edited by Danny Boy; 12-01-09 at 14:18. Reason: added quote

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Think it might work for boo boos?
    It looks like it would be on the bottom if it was hanging from something. It would work but you might just want to keep tourniquets there if it's going to be a full on trauma kit when necessary.

What about something like this to molly to the front. Can keep the kit closed/dirt free/dry even if you get to the boo boo kit.
    http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...8&idcategory=7
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a couple of the old unit 1's but use them mainly for a weekend trip with scouts, etc. For classes/range/hunting I tend to use an Eagle active shooter bag with a gallon ziplock in each side full of pressure dressings, gauze, combat gauze and a tourniquet. Trauma shears are dummy corded to the bag but easily removed. Easy for anyone to access and not hard to figure out how to use it.

For a booboo kit I use the Adventure Medical Kits Pocket Medic. They cost $7.50, I keep them in every vehicle and GSW kits. At the price you can't beat them and they cover most if not all booboo needs. I slip one in each kit and there is no trouble with anyone tearing your shit up looking for a bandaid, etc. I haven't had a major booboo situation that couldn't be solved with it.

Spence

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    For classes/range/hunting I tend to use an Eagle active shooter bag with a gallon ziplock in each side full of pressure dressings, gauze, combat gauze and a tourniquet. Trauma shears are dummy corded to the bag but easily removed. Easy for anyone to access and not hard to figure out how to use it.
    Is it setup as a dedicated medic bag? or do you use it as an active shooter bag?

Could you post pics when you get around to it? I'd be especially curious about the inside since Eagle's website doesn't seem to have a lot of good ones.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    It looks like it would be on the bottom if it was hanging from something. It would work but you might just want to keep tourniquets there if it's going to be a full on trauma kit when necessary.

What about something like this to molly to the front. Can keep the kit closed/dirt free/dry even if you get to the boo boo kit.
    http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...8&idcategory=7
    I'd like it better if it opened up flat the way the main bag does.

I'm going to poke around the web today and see what I stumble on.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd like it better if it opened up flat the way the main bag does.
    how do you think this would work for attaching to a larger kit?

http://www.falcontactical.net/511-58715.html

it's 6"x6"x about 2".

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Should be more than adequate. I don't really see too much of a problem not having instant access to a boo boo kit if your trauma kit is open. I think if you're messing with NPA's and pressure dressings then events have probably overtaken the need for a Band Aid.

ETA on the new Tac Med Solutions R-AID bag is Jan 25th apparently. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Danny Boy; 12-07-09 at 04:56.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ra2 I think that has a lot of potential, but your link doesn't work for some reason.

My goal here would be to keep someone with a brass burn or a scratch from a ricochet from digging around in Oales bandages and chest seals. Although with the way some people act when they get "hurt" I'm sure they think they need those things.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ra2 I think that has a lot of potential, but your link doesn't work for some reason.

My goal here would be to keep someone with a brass burn or a scratch from a ricochet from digging around in Oales bandages and chest seals. Although with the way some people act when they get "hurt" I'm sure they think they need those things.
    huh. it worked when I just clicked on it now

anyway, it's the 5.11/Vtac 6.6 Med Pouch that you can get anywhere 5.11 stuff is sold. it's about $15...
    never push a wrench...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast