Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on mixing boo-boo and trauma kits

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I suddenly realized where you were going which is why I withdrew.

In my experience bags with too many panels, and fancy "johnny gage" inserts get too complicated and invariably you're limited to stocking it in exactly one way. I think your concept of keeping them together in some way is sound in fact I think it probably should be extrapolated further. In terms of an organized setup you can achieve the same thing with a single compartment bag and various "modules" that can be stacked accordingly. So you have a "booboo" module, a "meds" module, a "hemorrhage" module, an "airway" module etc. There are a lot of ways to skin that cat.

If you're looking for a small boo boo type kit that can be inserted into the above bags, check here. They might also be good sources of other modules that you can insert into your car bag.

http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You'd think that choosing a med bag would be relatively simple. Not so much. There are so many options. I have boxes of unused bags I've acquired over the years. How they work depends on what I need them to do.

Have you looked at these, too?...

TT M5 is a flexible, size efficient med pack: http://www.tacticaltailor.com/m5medicpack.aspx

Not med specific, but also capable, TT MPB: http://www.tacticaltailor.com/rangem...bagmedium.aspx

EI Version: http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...&cat=62&page=1

Also size efficient and useful, EI E&E Pack: http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...&cat=60&page=1

I picked up an LBT EOD bag (LBT-0996A) not long ago. Not an EOD guy, but it's a great med bag too. Expensive, but built like a tank. Nice layout. Add a drug pouch and airway roll for ALS expansion: http://www.londonbridgetrading.com/m...9-739ABF90D7DD
    Last edited by ST911; 12-01-09 at 11:18.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My boo boo kit has always just been a small GP pouch. It's gotten myself (and a lot of my battles) through lots of ruck marches, lying exposed skin on hot 240 brass and good old fashioned scrapes and cuts. If anything got used I'd just refit it when I got back.

We had two of those CLS bags pictured above with an abundance of band aids and other stuff in there to go with IV kits and fluids. I didn't like mixing the two as it made it prone to being opened by every Tom, Dick and Harry looking for something to patch up a blister or cut. I'm sure it's been mentioned previously that having people nose through the important gear only increases the chances of it either falling out, getting lost or going missing.

The furthest I'd probably go is having a MOLLE pouch on the front of a trauma bag with a velcro tab that had BOO BOO KIT clearly marked on it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    MI didn't like mixing the two as it made it prone to being opened by every Tom, Dick and Harry looking for something to patch up a blister or cut. I'm sure it's been mentioned previously that having people nose through the important gear only increases the chances of it either falling out, getting lost or going missing.
    That's part of the reason I like the versions where things are easily visible. Open it up and look in and you can clearly see all the ingredients. My concern with bags where everything is kind of dumped in is that people will be more likely to give up looking and move on to the trauma section where they don't need to be.

I can already hear myself "why the **** are you digging through the section marked 'trauma' when all you have is a splinter in your pinkie finger?!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As we're throwing up some different designs of aid bags, I might as well add this one.

I recently inquired with Tac Med Solutions about their R-AID bag, especially as it comes pretty well stocked and I was looking for something small-ish that covered most trauma eventualities. They helpfully informed me to wait until the end of the year as they've now redesigned the pack with a few updates. They also sent me over a few pics. It used to be an open top design and they've now made it a clam shell so that everything is easier to get to. It also has that small MOLLE rack on the front where I can put my boo boo kit.

The bag:

The clam shell design, also stocked up on Olaes bandages:

Hanging straps for vehicle or static mounting:

Hung!

Sorry if these have been posted before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As we're throwing up some different designs of aid bags, I might as well add this one. I recently inquired with Tac Med Solutions about their R-AID bag, especially as it comes pretty well stocked and I was looking for something small-ish that covered most trauma eventualities. They helpfully informed me to wait until the end of the year as they've now redesigned the pack with a few updates. They also sent me over a few pics. It used to be an open top design and they've now made it a clam shell so that everything is easier to get to. It also has that small MOLLE rack on the front where I can put my boo boo kit.
    Interesting... That would hang in a bus or off a seat back, too.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-01-09 at 13:19.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    that Clamshell design is what I'm after. I imagine I could add a clamshell booboo on the MOLLE on the front.

What's in the top zippered compartment?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Danny Boy - Thanks very much for the heads up. That is just about the right size, and has a good layout.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What's in the top zippered compartment?
    Looks like they put some SOF-T's in there.

I like the pack. Seems to be well thought out and you can get to everything very easily.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks like they put some SOF-T's in there.
    Think it might work for boo boos?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast