Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on mixing boo-boo and trauma kits

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sideline: For those running the DAP med configuration, is there enough room for a C-collar and a BVM?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    CQB that's an interesting bag. I wish it came without the contents as I bet it would be much cheaper.
    Rob, if you contact the manufacturer, they will sell you just the bag. I have purchased a Mountain Medic and Expedition bag directly from them, and also through Chinook.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/ca...venture_travel

Feedback Score
    I like a bag that compartmentalises for the treatment priorities of: Breathing; bleeding; breaks; burns; and, has an extra compartment for everyday non-prescription meds mainly for pain and allergy relief.

I have seen many commercially available overfilled bags that contain articles that are beyond the capabilities of the user.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really have very little to do where I am so I thought I'd throw up a picture of my CLS bag with it's Boo Boo Kit in a hopefully very obvious place to anyone who needs a band aid.

It's a SOTech Mission Go Bag which I've had knocking around for a few years, mostly as a bag for my lappy. I was surprised, as I managed to get a rather large amount of gear in there and can get to all of it with minimal fuss, especially with being able to arrange some items on the outside. Not as full on as one of the bigger aid bags, but it'll happily store everything I need for most bleeds, airway and fluid resus. Not that I especially need them at the moment....but you never know.

The new Tac Med Solutions bag is still looking mighty nice though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Also size efficient and useful, EI E&E Pack: http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...&cat=60&page=1
    I glossed right over this last time I read through this, but recently saw a video that made me stop and take a look again. Other than the $160 price tag I'm thinking this has a lot of possibilities.

link to Milspec Monkey video with improvements (GTHB)

Dimensions:
    HS-EE-160: 13.5” x 9” x 5” = 607.5 cu in $162
    HS-EE-160-L: 18” x 9” x 5” = 810 cu in $192
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-08-10 at 07:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rob,

Tacmedsolutions finally got their new model in.

http://www.tacmedsolutions.com/07/pr...ows_get_pics=3

Re-designed for 2010 the Tac Med Solutions™ R-AID Bag is now more versatile and user friendly than ever. Its new clamshell design allows the bag to be opened completely or to be used in the same satchel configuration as the original design.

Other features include the ability to hang the bag so it functions as a medical panel in tactical vehicles or aircraft, keeping the bag off of the floor and out of your work space. The shoulder straps now allow for rapid adjustment and can also function as a waist strap if the bag is mounted directly to the body armor.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Rob,

Tacmedsolutions finally got their new model in.

http://www.tacmedsolutions.com/07/pr...ows_get_pics=3

Thanks for the heads up. That looks about perfect to me, unfortunately I don't think I can justify the price tag right now. Could strap a booboo kit on the outside on the MOLLE, especially a clam-shell design, and it would be perfect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rob, I bet if you sold your visor on ebay, you could get enough to buy a bag, or maybe an ACR!

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but we are getting issued Maxpedition Sitka bags for our medical walk about bags. Something we can carry on the ground besides the large packs we have now.

ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Rob, I bet if you sold your visor on ebay, you could get enough to buy a bag, or maybe an ACR!

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but we are getting issued Maxpedition Sitka bags for our medical walk about bags. Something we can carry on the ground besides the large packs we have now.

Are they being redesigned specifically for the medical role or are you just adapting existing sitkas?

Do you have pics and maybe an inventory list? Thanks in advance.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gutshot,

It will be just the standard bag with no modifications. We have yet to be issued them and they still working on the packing list. Besides the basic trauma items, it will have a FAST1, an I-Gel, which is a British supraglottic airway, epi pens, and our pain meds (lollipops). It is not designed to replace our standard med bags, just something we can walk around and use inside a vehicle while someone else sorts out the big bag.

Previously, we had tried out the Maxpedition butt packs, but people didn't like sitting in a vehicle with them on.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast