Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancillary Training: Land-Nav, Medical, Field Craft

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Ancillary Training: Land-Nav, Medical, Field Craft

Does anyone have any interest in ancillary, cooperative training of the above topics?

I'm sure a lot of us are hunters that can pass along knowledge to non-hunters. Skinning game for instance.

Similarly I bet we have some former military types or even geocachers and the like who have a lot of good land-nav experience.

Since training dollars are obviously limited is there a way we can cooperate on training through our respective expertise/resources?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do not have any expertise on these topics to help share with others, but I definitely have a desire to learn.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty handy with a map and compass and have had some good experience teaching others. I'm actually in DC, but I'd be happy to venture into PA or WV or work with anyone if they wanted to head out in this direction. I'm from Pittsburgh originally and will be back around the Christmas/New Years time if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My intention was to maybe do some of this ancillary stuff when we finally manage to get together for a group shoot/meet.

I think we really need to make that happen since it seems that PA/OH/WV has the potential for a lot of active members.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    I realize this is an old post but being a new member I still feel the need to offer my help. I am in Ohio and have an extensive land nav survival background. It seems to me that this would be a great deal of fun and benefit to others! Let me know if you're still interested in setting this up. I know of other places that a group of guys started this and within a few years it grew into a very large gathering!

Feedback Score
    I would definitely be interested

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huklbrry View Post
    I would definitely be interested

Would you be willing to travel to the Columbus Area if we could start getting this orchestrated?
    Last edited by mikeross506; 09-14-10 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    North central Indiana here...I would be interested.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeross506 View Post
    Would you be willing to travel to the Columbus Area if we could start getting this orchestrated?
    That only two hours away. Not a problem as long as there is enough notice.

Feedback Score
    This would be something scheduled well in advance. Training doctrine would need created. Resources need to be listed and pooled. Instructors appointed....I am very excited to set this up, though. If anyone else would be interested in working as the cadre (either in an instructor position or simply to help orchestrate/advertise)

Feedback on people interested in attending or instructing either post or pm me. Thanks guys! Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast