Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst batch of Wolf primers ever

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Also... is that a yellow primer? All of my WOLF SRMs are Silver.

Feedback Score
    Wolf Small Rifle are copper colored. Wolf Small Rifle magnum and 223 are brass colored. Old lots were nickel. This info per Wideners website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by four View Post
    I've seen primers alone shove a bullet far enough into the throat that it takes a rod to knock it out.
    I certainly won't deny that it does happen, I'm just saying that it has never happened to me even using moly'd bullets in uncrimped cases seated to 2.25" for short range ammo or seated out to 2.6"+ with 80s. Point being that it's not a sure thing that the bullet is going to clear the case from just a primer going off.

I've seen guys leave the bullet in the throat just from removing an unfired round because they were seating the bullet to jam in the lands.
    Last edited by HelloLarry; 01-27-10 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by herd48 View Post
    Wolf Small Rifle are copper colored. Wolf Small Rifle magnum and 223 are brass colored. Old lots were nickel. This info per Wideners website.
    Ah.... I know I read somewhere that some of the Wolf Primers weren't Silver, but I couldn't remember which ones.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

Anytime you change something in your reloading mix, you have to thoroughly check everthing through the process. Your old settings (recipe) won't work because you have new things (ingredients) in the mix.
    ~wifey
    Words/actions to live by when reloading.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123