Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Ray Players? Any Experts here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is the difference between PS3 & X-Box? (My first & last video game was Pong, I hear video games have improved I'm not kidding)

What does the OPPO do that the PS3 won't?
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 12-06-09 at 20:50.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    PS3 plays blu rays both movies and games. Xbox does not play blu ray. One is Sony the other Microsoft. Xbox has a better online community but you have to pay to use it. PS3 has a free online community but not as good as Xbox imo.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't know about best but my Sony S-550 works perfectly, and does what I want.

I see the new S-360 is $129.99 from from just about everywhere right now. Saves you having to buy a game console for blu-ray use.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    PS3.

The Cell microprocessor is so powerful, firmware upgrades are all that are necessary to unlock all the new BluRay standards/features as they evolve. Built-in WiFi means it is easy to get the PS3 onto your existing network. And the Netflix streaming is great.

Of course, you can use the PS3 to play regular DVDs and CDs as well. And it can play pretty cool games at 1080p.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    The Oppo has the best upconversion capability out of any BR player on the market for BR & DVD and will give you the best picture quality that's available. It also has some of the fastest loading & response times of anything on the market.

Oppo is also reknowned for their customer service and is the top in the business where product support is concerned.

ADD: For network streaming I do not recommend Wi-Fi and highly suggest you go with ethernet for reliability & speed.
    Last edited by Irish; 12-06-09 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    At $500 that thing better come with an oral stimulation function. That's nuts for a device that's essentially a next gen dvd player.

Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    The Oppo has the best upconversion capability out of any BR player on the market for BR & DVD and will give you the best picture quality that's available. It also has some of the fastest loading & response times of anything on the market.

Oppo is also reknowned for their customer service and is the top in the business where product support is concerned.

ADD: For network streaming I do not recommend Wi-Fi and highly suggest you go with ethernet for reliability & speed.

Feedback Score

Cost ?

As with all things electronic, you have to first decide on your budget. BR players are now reaching the sub $100 price point . PS3 is really nice as it is lot more than just a player. The Netflix streamimg capability is cool. As others have said, it is the most versatile BR gizmo out there.

Feedback Score
    if you are not a hifi nut then the PS3 is a nice setup for lots of stuff

but a nice budget BR player will work ? its just going to be SLOW to load menus etc.c.

I like Oppo stuff but once you get into higher stuff I think Oppo stuff is hit miss
    in the DVD times my old top line Denon beat oppo in real life where some times on paper the oppo might have beat it ? yet others claimed Oppo was superior but others said no ?

think of this as rifles just cause on paper one item beats another does not make it better ?
    and also think of it as a rifle where people get hooked on certain brands etc...

again not bashing Oppo so Oppo lovers dont read it as such I am just saying when you get into the $500 and up prices you should be viewing each brand of BR player on your setup before paying that for any system and their is no perfect BR player since they are still moving forward in quality and speed etc.. so anything you get will be old in a few years but the PS3 will hold up better to age with its updates etc.. and the way it was made to be updated

SO the downside to the PS3 is the fan noise in quiet scenes if its close enough to you to hear ? some may or may not notice or care but I still feel the PS3 is about the best BR player for the avg user

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-play...rColumnArea1.1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Honu;511788]if you are not a hifi nut then the PS3 is a nice setup for lots of stuff

What is the HiFi down side?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast