Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ObamaCare endorsements: What the bribe was

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    Were these things called "negotiations" or "bribes" between 2001-8?
    This.

Is.

****ing.

Old.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    I'm shocked and awed that Morris is pimping a GOP astroturf group (the ASA)!

Were these things called "negotiations" or "bribes" between 2001-8?
    The whole point of starting this thread was to illustrate how every party or group that opposed this healthcare debacle was being either systematically bought off or scared off. This should concern every American who is interested in maintaining the integrity of our republic. I find it sadly ironic that the first person who responds to it, is not outraged by what is taking place, but instead is outraged by Dick Morris' associations and proceeds to justify Obama's actions based on what Bush did.

I agree that this Bush hating rhetoric is getting very old. I never agreed 100% with George Bush, not even close. I voted for him because he wasn't Al Gore. I voted for him again because he wasn't John Kerry. I watched in pain and frustration as he fumbled his way through every debate. Bush 43 and his advisers made many mistakes, but mistakes are easy to identify in retrospect. I believe that the complications experienced prosecuting the GWOT were among the chief reasons sinking his presidency. However, I guarantee you that if you put most Americans in the position that Bush/Cheney were in after 9/11, most would be petrified with an inability to act or make decisions. It's easy for liberal academics and MSNBC pundits to condemn the legitimacy of certain war-time actions taken when they aren't in the hot seat. What I agree with was the aggressive actions that Bush/Cheney took to protect our country. Some of these actions probably made us unpopular in the world, to which I reply, so F#$@-ing what? I strongly agree with George Orwell's quote "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm". Every action has consequences. When one country tries to assert its dominance and power, it will almost always offend others. Other countries will always whine and bitch about hating America until a war, natural disaster, famine, or genocide occurs. Then....it's "Where are the Americans?"....but I digress.

Back on topic, the current POTUS ran on platforms of hope and change. It was NOT supposed to be business as usual correct? So when Obama does exactly what he promises not to do, why are you defending it now, when you were probably pissed when Bush did similar things? The left criticized the Bush admin's use of executive privilege, lack of transparency, and executing a troop surge, yet not a peep when the Obama admin does the same. What happened to the majority or the war protesters? This hypocrisy exists on so many other issues.

As M4arc said, wake up dude.
    Last edited by uwe1; 12-11-09 at 02:14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12