Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire 618FA unit with KL5 head installed!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Grant sends neat catalogs too in order to hook me into some other gear, so he wins out
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    Good pictures, ans nice write up...you know that we need the full weapon picture too. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is the full image as it stands right now

I'm still waiting for the Magpul UBR stock to come out so I can add that (and a MIAD) to a Mesa high-tube M4-style adaptor along with a 4 (maybe 6) shotshell holder on the left side. I'll probably try a new compact Aimpoint whenever that gets released.

I don't really like the front sight as it stands. I'm curious if there is any way to use a modified barrel clamp w/ integrated rail and pop on an AR15 front folding BUIS on that rail to align with the rear BUIS. Otherwise, the only alternative is to hang one on the end of the 12" KAC 870 RAS which isn't a very long sight radius.

It's still a work in progress I guess. The only potential downside on the 618 unit is it'd be kinda silly to take to a range. Maybe I'll have to try the scattergun/surefire rail system with a TLR-1 or similar and buy another 870 to bump the 618 to. One good thing that I didn't consider about the rail systems is you can just pop the light off for daywork. I was mainly hesitant about the idea since I wasn't sure how well grip panels would stay put under heavy recoil with my paws on it.

“The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    Did I not see a price in here????

How much Grant?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Is there a corresponding LED head for the 9 volt 918 light? If so what would the model number be and would you have an idea of the lumens output?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Is there a corresponding LED head for the 9 volt 918 light? If so what would the model number be and would you have an idea of the lumens output?

You an actually use a KL5 head.

C4

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Awesome.

Does it kick up light output any or run time with the 9 volt vs 6 volt or does it pretty much remain the same between the two?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Awesome.

Does it kick up light output any or run time with the 9 volt vs 6 volt or does it pretty much remain the same between the two?
    \

Output remains the same, but run time goes up.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the LED heads are voltage and current regulated so you're basically giving the unit a larger power reserve. If you're unsure, just give Surefire tech a call/email and they can let you know for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12