Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAG Tactical Carbine Operators Course, Kathleen, FL 11-13 Dec 09

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hubris Meets Nemesis

The 6933 has run fine in the past with the Wolf 75 grain ammo I fired in this class, but prior to class I changed out the stock "H" buffer for an "improved" aftermarket buffer (no, not an Enidine) that uses powdered tungsten instead of the solid weights in the original buffer. I don't know why that would matter, but it did, and subsequent to the class and replacement of the original buffer and the gun runs fine.
    Pat, I am famous for the phrase "unf*ck your shit at home, not on the range" within our local events. To the point that I've heard shooters saying to each other now, as in "Dude, Rob's gonna make fun of you for not unf*cking your shit at home".
    As my children remind me how they were taught, "Knowing and doing are two different things."

Everyone screws up. Isn't this why Pat says his Moosecock is sewn on?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you can't see a difference between installing a part that you are aware of and know may or may not fail, and putting on a tactical vest full of shit that covers up your holster....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you can't see a difference between installing a part that you are aware of and know may or may not fail, and putting on a tactical vest full of shit that covers up your holster....

If you had tested your T&E buffer with Wolf and discovered the issue prior to class, would you have continued to use the T&E buffer during the class?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    All

For many students, including myself, the class is my testing ground. I make changes and improvements based upon that experience and then take another to further refine my kit (perhaps even more). Shit happens in class that might not show up under casual use, a thousand rounds is a pretty good test.

be safe irv

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    If you had tested your T&E buffer with Wolf and discovered the issue prior to class, would you have continued to use the T&E buffer during the class?
    Yes.

In fact I had fired the gun with the new buffer, and it worked fine. There is a difference between not catching something that only the stress of a class will uncover (like the buffer) and knowing enough not to cover your gun with your chest rig.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Rob- Great AAR. Have you switched out the buffer in the 6933? What are your final thoughts on the change? The 6933 is a serious weapon. Have begun to think it may be the jack of all trades with everything considered.

Pat and Mike are great. Like you told me, Mike is the unsung hero. I agree. Need to get you up here for some training in the Bragg area. Some good classes coming up this year. Might even be willing to give a Gator a place to stay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123