Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack recommendations?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Somebody had a RAID or Cobra pack on clearance for $55 that I saw the other day. I'm digging through my browser history without much luck. I'll post if I find it.

It was in ACU, but a $4 package of RIT dye would likely fix that.

Supply Captain has a Cobra pack for $70 off, it's only $99. Again, in ACU.

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...7&ParentCat=74

And LBT puts their extras on sale on fleabay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/londonbridgetrading/

Gear whore that I am, I'm always watching what they throw on there for sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Looks don't matter all that much. Something with MOLLE panels would be nice so I could add additional pouches as necessary.
    The Eagle AIII Molle can be had with a kit of add on pouches. The Eagle does have Molle on the sides whereas the LBT doesnt, but I couldnt pass up the deal I got on it. I even got a tour of the place where they make them. My vote goes for Eagle AIII Molle, SKD has the add on pouch kit.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:21.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a Condor II from Maxipedition that I love and use a lot. It will do what you want and is not to big and has the ability to add hydration if you want.

Feedback Score
    Camelbak motherlode?

Feedback Score
    I have a Condor 3 Day Assault Pack. I love it. Very comfortable, lots of padding and storage...well made. I have beaten the hell out of it too. Several Mojave trips, weekend camping, hunting. No rips, tears, shreds, anything.

http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/se...Assault/Detail

CTD probably has them for less if they are in stock.
    "People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those that do".

-Anonymous

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I'd like to organize my essential items and kit into a handy backpack and would like some recommendations. Let's hear them!
    How much does the total kit weigh, and how much space does it take up? Would a commercial pack from Jansport or North Face be out of the question?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE G View Post
    On the small side consider the Camelbak HAWG.
    I miss my Camelbak HAWG, it died a horrible death when it flung off my motorcycle. I had it strapped on my CBR's tail like I always have. I was really lucky because when I retrieved the HAWG I found out it was rubbing on the rear tire before it flew off! Everything I had in the HAWG survived except my pocket mask and a bdu belt both melted because of the tire. My Iphone also survived with only part of the slider case chewed off. I used the HAWG for just about everything for small hikes, college, carry the essentials to stay over at the gf's, range bag, etc.. I never found it to be to small, I thought it was perfect and was suprised how much you stuff you can cram into it! It was the older 1000D cordura version. The newer one is the 500D cordura version, I saw they also have a 1000D version in the new style. I haven't found anyone who has the newer 1000D version besides Tad Gear I think.
    West Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I got the original ATS RAID pack with the stiffening insert when they had them on clearance cheap... I love this pack! The clearance ones are gone now, IIRC, but I can't think you could go wrong with the gen2 RAID pack or it's smaller cousin the Cobra.
    What he said. I got mine for around $99.00 (I think) on sale through ATS, a couple of years ago. The RAID is very well constructed, however, the cost goes up when you start adding pouches. It's small enough and comfortable to hump in the field, without being too ungainly, while being large enough to store a significant amount of kit. The RAID or RAID II (improved with feedback from folks down range in the sandbox) at $179.00, it's still money well spent.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score

I really like Osprey packs for medium-duty use

Here's the website.
    http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/AtmosSeriesMens/
    I've gotten mine at REI. I have 3 packs of various sizes and love them. They are very tough, but not as heavy-duty as Kifaru.

The suspension and ventilation of these packs make them real standouts in warm and/or humid conditions. The packs in this range have very rifle-butt-friendly straps that do not really interfere with mounting/ firing a rifle.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast