Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack recommendations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Bravo View Post
    Stay away from the new US Army MOLLE rucksack. It's the most awkwardly shaped and riding thing I have ever seen.
    By new do you mean the gen IV or the entire line?

Feedback Score
    The only one I am familiar with is a Gen 2 which has a black plastic frame. It's a POS. Awkward to move with and painful to carry. Lots of room though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do know that they have a new frame out there. My buddy was showing off the new frame last month before he headed out to the sand box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my G3 Operator Eberlestock pack. Love It! I carried this pack with me for two weeks during hunting season (i work nights right now, so I got to go every day this season). I carried it on other trips with guns in the scabbard, and it is loaded up and ready as a bug out bag as we speak.

But, it is heavy, it is big, and it is not really a "day pack" style bag. More an overnighter.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I love my G3 Operator Eberlestock pack. Love It! I carried this pack with me for two weeks during hunting season (i work nights right now, so I got to go every day this season). I carried it on other trips with guns in the scabbard, and it is loaded up and ready as a bug out bag as we speak.

But, it is heavy, it is big, and it is not really a "day pack" style bag. More an overnighter.
    +1 on Eberlestock, I've got 3 of their packs and love everyone of them. The Operator is a good one, so is the standard "Just Ones" (J104, J105, J107).

The X1A1 is a nice smaller size as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieKilo View Post
    I have a Condor 3 Day Assault Pack. I love it. Very comfortable, lots of padding and storage...well made. I have beaten the hell out of it too. Several Mojave trips, weekend camping, hunting. No rips, tears, shreds, anything.

http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/se...Assault/Detail

CTD probably has them for less if they are in stock.
    The Condor 3 day pack may be a little large for what you are needing, but I love mine. Desert Tactical has them. Was $77 shipped to me.

http://www.deserttactical.com/3_Day_...ack_p/m125.htm

Feedback Score
    I went with a Camelbak HAWG for use as a GHB. Miami is rather urban and bugging in is the plan based on the Month of the Hurricanes back in '05 lol.

Simple list that I'm still putting together:

Small toiletry kit (toothbrush/toothpaste, disp razor, small shaving cream, deodorant, foot powder) and my one question about this: those 'shower' camp towellette things. Ever use them?
    One pair Underwear (two for two nights)
    One pair socks (two for two nights)
    One complete MRE (FSR preferred ....... if I can find one) (two for two nights)
    Full 3L bladder
    M&P handgun and two clipazines
    small TP roll just in case lol
    small, basic FAK
    Eneloop charger/battery. For example this can charge/run any small USB device. It can charge my iPhone 2.5 times.
    LED headlamp (suggestions?)

other ideas I'm having:

Thermo-Lite 2.0 Bivvy
    Inflatable pillow
    Fleece
    Additional pants and polo shirt

the MRE really takes up room lol. I'm considering adding a generic pouch to the outside MOLLE

Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well its Florida and we all know that the key in the aftermath of a hurricane in the sunshine state is water, water, water, and oh yeah water. I think that bugging in requires a completely different load out but for moving from point A to your bug in location that looks like it might work. But I would consider some extra canteens. Heck go to wally world and buy their fanny pack / dual canteen carrier combo if you want to look low key. If you are thinking of just one day for travel have you considered ditching the MRE and putting in a power bar or two and a can of ravioli? OH as for the camp towelettes..just buy unscented antibacterial baby wipes. Same thing and the baby wipes are a lot cheaper.

Feedback Score
    BTW Danpass your web site is awesome. Thanx.

OK guys are we talking about daypacks here or something one can live out of for 3-5 days. IE carry a tent, stove, sleeping bag etc, or just water, powerbars, and a rain suit??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Bravo View Post
    BTW Danpass your web site is awesome. Thanx.

OK guys are we talking about daypacks here or something one can live out of for 3-5 days. IE carry a tent, stove, sleeping bag etc, or just water, powerbars, and a rain suit??
    Thank you
    Dan Miami, FL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast