Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pack recommendations?

Feedback Score
    Does anybody on the forum have experience with the Marine Corps Arcteyrx/Propper built ILBE pack system. There's a huge main pack that properly comes with a lid pocket, external "sustainance" side pockets(MRE sized) a 3 liter water bladder and an attachable/removeable "assault" day pack? It's rumored to hold 6000 cu/in and strong enough to carry 120 lbs?? Total weight of system is 7lbs. It's only disadvantage that I can find is that it only comes in woodland MARPAT camoflage. Not real cool looking for walking across an airport? But very good for field tactical work.

Any experience out there? Marines speak up please.

Feedback Score
    My buddy is a marine and when i asked him about the ILBE he said he didnt like it.

I own a surplus large assault pack that i got off ebay for 50 bucks. Its got a flexible plastic back in it and is very comfortable to wear. It is exremely durable and i dont believe i could have bought a better pack for less than 100 dollars. I also own to MOLLE II rifleman external frame packs that are awesome for extended trips and hunting. I have no military experience but all the packs ive bought were on the suggestion of my buddy after his 2 tours in afghanistan.

Feedback Score
    I was faced with a similar dilema. M4arc, After 4 years in the field, overseas, and around town, my Eagle A-III still looks great and hasn't failed yet. I liked it so well, that i now have one in OD and black as well as my FDE. I bought one for my son who just entered high school (and you all know how high-schoolers are about looking good and fashionable ) and haven't heard a single complaint from him. After 3 years of carrying literally 40 pounds of textbooks, the only problem has been a shoulder strap fraying a bit (thank god for Eagles lifetime warranty). Anyways, When doing the equivalent of LRRPs, having that eagle was way better than using the crap we got issued plus it had molle/pals everywhere and i could rig extra ammo, medical gear, and other crap on without wasting duck-tape or para-cord. Go for one and you won't be disapointed and you can also find some bitchin deals if you look around.
    "There is also this intense feeling of looking death in the face, tempting fate, challenging the reaper, so to speak......."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Kifaru makes great packs that will last a lifetime.

http://www.kifaru.net/

Feedback Score
    My EDC Bail Out Bag, FG

sniperbusch

Feedback Score
    I just got a Mystery Ranch BigHorn last month. It's a great pack. It's 3,000 cubic inches. I use it for day hikes to 3 day trips. The suspension system is great. I had back surgery on my lower back and this pack just makes the weight disappear. I can carry 40-45 pounds with no problems and no aches or pains afterwards. Plus they are made in the US and have a lifetime warranty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use the Blackhawk X-1 RAPTOR for 3 day+ gear and a Camelback Assault for 3 day- gear.
    The Blackhawk probably isn't the most comfortable pack in the world, 'course I may have loaded it wrong. It's not a hydration pack, which wasn't what I bought it for (it was an added bonus). It's about 2500 cu. in.
    The Camelback is amazing. It's 90% water container with a pocket for other gear on the back and MOLLE webbing for other stuff. It's amazing how tought these are! I've worn it while doing flutter kicks no problem.
    Last edited by Redneck19; 09-17-10 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Kifaru makes great packs that will last a lifetime.

http://www.kifaru.net/
    But right now their customer service is lacking. My wife has been trying to get a hold of them all week. She say's there is no option to speak to a human and shes left a could of messages earlier in the week and has yet to receive a call back. I explained to her that they might be very busy but still..

Oh and she is trying to unscrew her screw up with them about my birthday present.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    But right now their customer service is lacking. My wife has been trying to get a hold of them all week. She say's there is no option to speak to a human and shes left a could of messages earlier in the week and has yet to receive a call back. I explained to her that they might be very busy but still..

Oh and she is trying to unscrew her screw up with them about my birthday present.
    Email them and be patient.

https://kifaru.net/contact.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rei brand has some great packs on sale all the time. Gregory, Oakley, all top stuff.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast