Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pack recommendations?

Feedback Score
    With packs you get what you pay for. Do your research, understand your requirements, then you could find yourself getting into the high end packs, in that case buy used. For civilian pack Gregory, Osprey, 5 11, REI. Military grade Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, and EXO. Go to sites like Rockslide read all you can before you spend the money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman! I sure hope that feller wasn't waiting nine years for that answer.

Feedback Score
    That is funny, I just noticed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since this got resurrected, concerning #51 question on ILBE and #52 that they were disliked, if the info I have read is correct that could be due to not working with USMC body armor which is allegedly why those got dumped on the surplus market so fast. The ILBE is essentially an Arcteryx Bora which almost always got Good reviews from backpackers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    A hydration system would be cool but I'm thinking of the basics here; survival kit, compass, water purifier, knife, Leatherman maybe an MRE, jacket, fire starting kit, etc.
    Hill People Gear Tarahumara Pack. Pick the color you want according to the level of attention you want to draw to your pack.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Hill People Gear Tarahumara Pack. Pick the color you want according to the level of attention you want to draw to your pack.
    I love the Tarahumara. Really good kit.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    I love the Tarahumara. Really good kit.
    So simple, yet so effective as a pack. I have 4, one day hoping the rest of the family joins me outside......

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Goruck. Best out there I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    A bit of an old thread and obviously by the number of posts and age of this thread it is a very relevant topic with tons of options out there. With everything, it comes down to what you want to do with the kit. Are we talking about packs for the range, school, office, trail, BoB, etc? For backpacking, I'm a huge fan of Osprey and think they make some really great packs for all styles of backpacking and camping. Personally I'm rocking the Exos 48 and think it is the perfect pack for a few days on the trail based on capacity and weight. I have an Arcteryx Axios 50 that I can't get rid of as I'm a bit of an Arcteyx snob. It is great, but the Osprey crushes it in the weight department without compromising capability. For hunting and/or tactical, all depending on the scenario, I would probably pull out the Arcteryx Khard 45 in Wolf. Super rugged and has a high cool factor Otherwise as the last post states...just get outside and use your kit and see what you like or don't like.

Feedback Score
    Great info. Thanks for sharing this info, guys! I should say, it is important to choose a good backpack. I've recently found a review of the solar backpacks on one hunting site. They seem to very convenient and helpful when camping, traveling, hunting, etc. Their solar panels can charge not only phones and players but also support many hours of work on tablets and laptops. Also, they are thought up from the ergonomic point of view. I'm thinking about buying a Voltaic SystemsArray Rapid solar backpack. Maybe someone has already tried such a backpack. It would be great to learn from the experience of others.
    Last edited by Gregory234; 12-09-20 at 18:09.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast