Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: AFG users, post feedback here!

Feedback Score
    Interestingly enough the AFG Travis is showing off at SHOT is also hand stippled! There is video on arf com.

Feedback Score
    Haven't seen any pics of the VFG on the Vltor CASV so I thought to post some pics.

I was worried that I might have to trim down the VFG due to the CASV's profile, but there was no problems at all. I have small hands so I was concerned about that too, but again no problem either. Like many have said, I also think some stippling or grip tape would be great. I haven't been to the range yet but I'm looking forward to testing it out. The VFG is way better than a VFG but then what do I know? I'm just a mall ninja

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowthunder View Post

Can we get some close ups of that lower? That is a Mega lower right?

The AFG on the CASV looks good.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    Can we get some close ups of that lower? That is a Mega lower right?

The AFG on the CASV looks good.
    Good eye! PM sent, don't want to go far off topic here unless others want to see a close up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK. So after all that reading, my question has not been answered.

Exactly how many slots does the AFG take up?
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull View Post
    OK. So after all that reading, my question has not been answered.

Exactly how many slots does the AFG take up?
    13 plus the beefy one at the end of the rail. that's counting the raised sections. If your rail is numbered, it will take up 13 numbers.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    13 plus the beefy one at the end of the rail. that's counting the raised sections. If your rail is numbered, it will take up 13 numbers.
    Ask and ye shall receive. Thank you Cory.
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbull View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive. Thank you Cory.
    No sweat! I just happened to be installing one on my new 12 inch DD Lite rail as I was perusing the threads!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Just put on yesterday...

I placed the AFG and UTG rail on yesterday (I had the MOE handguard but didn't really dig it). Really like this grip...I've since moved it up a bit more to accomodate my monkey arms. Locks in really well and has a lemon-fresh scent that makes my wife love me more and my kids listen. Also makes coffee in the FDE version...so I hear.

Pictures as soon as my computer quits being a full retard.
    Let's go if we're going.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Mine came in a few weeks ago from AIM, but I've been busy enough that I didn't have time to do anything with it until today.

The Guinea pig I'm using for AFG experimentation is my 9mm carbine that wears a 13" TRX Extreme rail. I've never tried a VFG on this one, but was considering a handstop of some kind when the AFG was announced.

I mounted a rail section and have been messing with positioning. I'm having a hard time figuring out where it feels best - right now the front is just shy of 11" out, and I think this works. I'll keep playing with it.

I'm not sure how the ergonomics are going to work for me, though. Gripping the AFG with my thumb over the top of the rail is putting a lot of tension on the outside of my wrist. I'll play with it some more, but it may not work for me. It's a nicely made piece of kit, though!

One thing I'm playing with is forefinger position. For some reason wrapping my forefinger around the front of the tab works slightly better than keeping all my finders on the AFG. In this case there's rail in front of the AFG, but I'm not sure I want to get used to doing this in case I chose to adopt these and put one on a shorter rail.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast