Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AFG users, post feedback here!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    This thread just stopped me from going full retard, thank you.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mine just arrived at the PD today. I will run it on a Colt 16" Carbine with DD Omega 7.0 -- AAR to follow within two weeks...
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It was waiting for me on the pouch.

If haven't mounted the AFG on a weapon yet, but first thought was it was a typical well crafted magpul product.

When I open the package I notice a Insert. It was the "Straight Insert". I tryed the "Finger Shelf insert" as it was the one the came installed. I was not feeling it. My sauage fingers felt cramped. So I followed the paper work and swapped it out for the "Straight Insert". That was more up my ally. I like the thought of the finger shelf as it helps support my grip on the AFG but its just not for my fingers.

Thats all I have so far. More to come soon...................

Thanks again to Magpul for the chance to do the T&E.

Brad
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    got mine, installed it, like it. i usually dislike finger shelves/bumps as they don't coincide with my fingers, but with the AFG, it's a good fit for me. i tried the straight shelf insert, but found that the finger shelf kept my hand in position better.
    wrist angle feels comfortable and natural. i look forward to shooting with it. thanks magpul.

edited to add pics -

Last edited by militarymoron; 12-19-09 at 02:12.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    AFG arrived today, thank you Magpul. I installed it on my MRP, it was a simple install, and has very solid lock up. I installed it one slot back from the end of the rail. It does not allow an installation that is flush with the end of the rail due to placement of set screw. I will probably reinstall it where it sits just past the end of the rail so I can get just a bit more extension.

It is very well made as you would expect from MP and as stated locks solid to the rail. It comes with two finger stops and I will try it both ways to see what is most comfortable. It provides a very solid grip on your rifle and I couldn't distinguish much of a weight difference from the FUG I run. The grip provides a great angle when the rifle is at extension, but I haven't had a chance to do much with it from the ready...

I will do reports at 100, 500 and 1000 rounds which will give me adequate time to feel the difference in shooting with it vs the FUG.

Here are a few pics installed.

Last edited by d90king; 12-18-09 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    Mine was also found waiting patiently on the porch when I woke up (Midnights). I mounted it on my 10.5 sbr with a 9" DD rail. First off, it was very easy to mount and solid once attached. While I only got to play with it for a little while before work, it seemed like a very natural grip and was comfortable on the wrist. I do think I will prefer the flat attachment and will be swapping that out tomorrow to see how it feels. Thanks Magpul, and I hope to be able to shoot with it this week to provide more feedback.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I would just like to know how feasable it would be to hand it over the end of the rails, trying to extend grip on the rifle... also I guess how far over the end of the rails it can be if feasable as well?
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shrockster View Post
    I would just like to know how feasable it would be to hand it over the end of the rails, trying to extend grip on the rifle... also I guess how far over the end of the rails it can be if feasable as well?
    I would think an 1"+ maybe more depending on where the set screw falls on the rail. It will be plenty sturdy extended past the rail and your hand should have plenty of room...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Thanx that is all I need to know... I think I will get one and a KAC RAS in Jan.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I received mine today as well, and after getting the kiddoes to sleep have had the chance to do a brief dry run. Here are some very preliminary thoughts...

First, I tried to slip it on my BCM midlength with Larue 12.0. This is the carbine I ran at the OKC MD class in Sept. and I already had it set up for the "half retard" grip with a stubby TD grip. Slight SNAFU right out of the gate... due to the shorter height of the 6 o'clock rail on the Larue, and the raised sides at the front of the AFG, the grip slides on very tightly. It will not slide past an XTM panel, VTAC light mount, or even a ladder panel. Now, with those removed, it does slide past, so that's only a minor inconvenience. However, the AFG sits so close to the 3 and 9 o'clock rails you can't reinstall anything on the rail directly above the front end of the AFG. A couple minutes with a file, dremel, or some sandpaper, and I think I'd be chopping tall cotton. I opted not to dick with it for now, since my other AR has a DD rail and I was eager to get a feel for it. If I end up with more of these, I've got no problem modding one to work with the LT rail.

On to my SBR, a 6933 with DD 9.5 FSP rail. On the DD rail, it fits no problemo and slides right under my XTMs and VTAC light mount, and replaces a TD grip that was chopped into a minimal handstop (about half the height of a stubby). I have not had this SBR long and am still playing with light placement...the AFG has either complicated this, or added new options, depending on how you look at it. Either way it will take some shooting time to figure out the best light setup for me.

Subjectively, it feels right at home on the longer rail where I can get more extension with my arm. Perhaps a little less so on the shorty, but I think the light issues are distracting me on that one. It's stupid to draw too many conclusions about weapon handling while standing in my gun room a.k.a. closet, so take that for what it's worth (about as much as your GM stock).

More objectively, the AFG is lightweight and fits snugly on both rails I tried it on. Install is easy, and swapping out the finger nubbin inserts is a piece of cake. (I like the nubbin in what I'd call the "down" position, thus far). I'm a little bummed I'm going to have to do some fitting to get everything where I want it on the Larue rail, but that's not the end of the world.

I will follow up with pics when I have better lighting, and should get a chance to do some shooting over the holiday break. I'm looking forward to it
    --Josh H.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast