Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor pic thread

Feedback Score
    Tac 65 on a Pac lite upper and my new Quest on a Sig P226 22 LR conversion

Close up of the size difference

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks and shoots good, but the TacSol barrel has some feed issues out of the box. Should be an easy fix but I'm checking with TacSol first before I go filing on my barrel.

ETA - 10 minutes with a stone and I'm good to go. The TacSol barrel REALLY helps with the Spectre since the can is stainless. Everyone who has picked it up has mentioned how light it is, even with an 8 oz stainless can on the end! Also big props for TacSol customer service. They got back to me within hours and offered to take it back. I declined since I'm pretty sure I fixed the issue, but it's good to know they stand behind their product.
    Last edited by Polymerhead; 04-01-10 at 10:32.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    Father & son outing.

A citizen noted the hammer back on the 1911 carried in the waist band by Charlie Miller, Texas Ranger. The Citizen asks, "Isn't That Dangerous?" Charley replied, " I wouldn't carry the son of a bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hey BadCat, I've never seen or heard one of those Uzis or a Mac-10/11 with one of those huge suppressors on them... are they as quiet in real life as they appear to be in all the videos on youtube and elsewhere?

Also, do the 9mm versions not get that hot when firing on full auto? I always see dudes holding onto that big ass can with their support hand while firing off a magazine... seems like it would get really hot, like any other suppressor. Or does it just take a lot longer to get heated up?

Pic thread:

Semper Fi,

-Paul

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    Hey BadCat, I've never seen or heard one of those Uzis or a Mac-10/11 with one of those huge suppressors on them... are they as quiet in real life as they appear to be in all the videos on youtube and elsewhere?

Also, do the 9mm versions not get that hot when firing on full auto? I always see dudes holding onto that big ass can with their support hand while firing off a magazine... seems like it would get really hot, like any other suppressor. Or does it just take a lot longer to get heated up?
    I forget the make & model of the suppressor as it was part of a demo. It was a tad bit quiet if compared to a 223/5.56 being suppressed. You will still hear the ballistic crack loud & clear with non-subsonic ammo.

I shot the suppressor (pictured) with my own uzi in full auto (25 rounds). It was still cool to the touch, however i think that is mainly dew to the large area of that suppressor. I would not hold the suppressor while shooting the uzi, too Hollywood. However, I have seen it done and most people have something like a nomex cover for the can to contain the heat.
    A citizen noted the hammer back on the 1911 carried in the waist band by Charlie Miller, Texas Ranger. The Citizen asks, "Isn't That Dangerous?" Charley replied, " I wouldn't carry the son of a bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Feedback Score
    It is an AWC MK9 suppressor

Feedback Score

Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast