Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow storm, what steps did you take?

Feedback Score

Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 02:39.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bought some salt for my driveway and that's about it
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 02:40.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm in MD close to DC and NoVa...expecting anywhere from 12-24" last I checked. Luckily I can walk right to the grocery store or gas station and I have 4x4 pickup. I'm not too worried...Lord knows people around here can't drive for crap when it rains much less when it snows.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    I'm working through the storm. They are calling foe 16-20" here in central Maryland.

I'm looking at 48 hours + of over time this weekend. Should be an interesting next couple days!

I can get anywhere in a Case 721D !
    Last edited by JeepDriver; 12-18-09 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Enjoy the extra $$, stay safe out there

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been stuck in my truck several times in snow storms (once for 3 days with a 12 week old puppy humor factor was high) I always keep in MY truck for storms a minus 30 sleeping bag, xtra coat, 3 sets of xtra gloves (they get wet digging out), boots sox, 2 watch caps & a balaclava, shovel, axe (if stuck cutting & placing brush under tires is key), a backpack with emergency everything from smoked fish, MREs, espresso maker & stove (I know but I need real coffee), headlamps, batteries, etc. H2O in 1 gallon jug, book & Skoal/Redman. Something to take inot account is the odds of having someone else with you...b/c if all you have is enuff for one then you have to share and that doesn't really work. Ask me how I know this Good hat is REALLY key. I broke down (a buddy's truck) one time in a minus 30 storm(strong winds) at night and had to hike back to town. I had a cowboy hat on and pulled the brim around my face and held in place with a silk neckerchief and thought I wasn't gonna make it just because my head was so F'ing cold.

Bad storms... stay home

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yup stay home and wait for the salt trucks...lol My county has those guys on overtime and on high alert it's awesome.

Feedback Score
    Maryland's Eastern Shore here. Last I heard was 12 to 24 inch. Put the plow on the tractor and went to the store for extra food. My buddy is down from Canada and has been laughing his ass off at us here worrying about the snow. Unfortunately they don't plow many of the back roads here.

ToddG Guest
    Yes, we're expecting 10-20" here in the DC area last I heard.

Tonight, I drove the 26mi from the NRA to my house in a mere two hours and thirty minutes.

NOTICE TO DC AREA DRIVERS: Even in a snowstorm, the left lane of the highway is for people who want to drive faster. It does not become a place where you get to go 10mph with your blinkers on because you want to "be close to a yellow line I can follow." I hope you all get coal in your stockings.

On my way home I stopped at a gas station to pick up something to drink. The line for gas was literally around the corner, and the station was already out of regular unleaded. Nonetheless, one tremendous dickhead had pulled his pickup up to one of the pumps and was filling four -- four -- 10g cans. While I've got little sympathy for folks who drive their cars to empty and then need to panic when it snows, this guy was a jerk. I found myself praying for a spark...

I know that has absolutely nothing to do with how we're prepped for the storm, but I just had to vent.
    Last edited by ToddG; 12-19-09 at 00:27.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast