Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Haught 2-Day Tactical Shotgun Class - Sept 25-26, 2010 - Fuquay-Varina, NC

Feedback Score
    Quit thinking so hard and sign up. Having been through this class twice, I wouldn't worry about getting or building anything special, especially if it gives you an excuse to miss it... If you ever have any intentions of touching a shotgun, you NEED to take this class. More than you need a short stock. More than you need an 870. More than you need an SBS.

I did it with a $150 pawn shop 870. The class (like any other good class) helps you make good gear decisions by seeing what works and what doesn't on your weapon system and those your fellow students. There is little value to building a super-gucci scattergun if you haven't learned what works for you yet. It's just wasted money on stuff you'll end up selling on the forums later (can you say Knoxx?) That is if you actually make it to the class at all. The biggest liability is always the "my kit/gun/etc isn't ready yet..." excuse giving you an easy out to skip a class. Or blowing all your money tricking out your kit so you can no longer afford the class. But your gun sure is pretty.

So FWIW my advice is to buck up, take the class with your Benelli, hope that it doesn't malfunction, and soak up the light-hearted insults when it does. Then build the 870 SBS of your newly-educated dreams. And then take the class again to iron out the wrinkles in your technique and your weapon system.
    Last edited by ruf; 12-23-09 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FYI: This is another class that we are moving to the awesome Drakes Landing range in Fuquay-Varina, NC. I have edited the thread to show the range changes.

www.drakelanding.net/pistolpit.html

I've still got some open seats for the class. If anybody is interested in attending but has a few questions please let me know. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Put me down.

Feedback Score
    I'm in just registered at GreyGroup.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Welcome aboard guys and thanks for signing-up. I know a lot of guys are lookng forward to the class.

FYI to everyone else;

We have a few open slots available for this class. If your interested in signing up but have a question please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Hi guys! New to the forum, and just signed-up for this class over the weekend. Can't wait to attend. Kudos to Chris914 in "encourage" me to take the class...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks to Chris914 my Remington Police Magnum is ready to rock for the class.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really looking forward to this one. If you run a shotgun you need this class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Chris914, subzero, and I are driving down Friday night for the class. I have never taken any shotgun specific training so I am seriously looking forward to it.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Yeah for me!

Form 1 is in hand. The engraver is getting a visit this week. Form 5320-20 is being mailed off tomorrow. Things are looking much better for the Green Monster!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast