Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPS guy dropped cpc plate on concrete

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

UPS guy dropped cpc plate on concrete

As the title says the a$$ hole ups guy drops my ceramic plate on the cement stoop so hard that I heard it inside the house. Before I had a chance to say WTF he is in the truck and down the block. It was wrapped in bubble wrap and a cardboard box. I inspected the plate and there is no obvious damage but it is covered in nylon. Should I be concerned?
    Robert

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shake it, as long as it doesnt jingle like a broken light bulb on the inside you should be good...but as always I know there is someone on this site who can probably answer better than me.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass View Post
    Shake it, as long as it doesnt jingle like a broken light bulb on the inside you should be good...
    Thats good. When I inspected it there was no jingle. I also tapped it with my knuckle all over and it sounded the same everywhere I tapped.
    Robert

Feedback Score
    Since we are talking life saving equipment here, file a claim, at the very least UPS should pay for an X-ray to ensure that the plates are not broken.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    Since we are talking life saving equipment here, file a claim, at the very least UPS should pay for an X-ray to ensure that the plates are not broken.
    +1

If he dropped it on your porch, who knows where else he or someone there may have dropped it.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ditto to Luke

All Hard Plates should be regularily X Ray'd if they are for operational usage.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the ballistic nylon liners on the outside binds the guts tight so it doesn't spall against you . I would flex it around to see if it's fractured at all, because the wrapping shouldn't be loose enough for parts to jingle like a bell if it was fractured signifigantly (to my knowledge). If it's fractured, you'd be able to hear it grind at the crack when you try to flex and bend it

X-ray or some similar method of inspection would probably be best to inspect it since people don't buy these as decorations, but to be used.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the info. Went to UPS today and they said since there is no obvious damage and the box was not labeled fragile do not drop that I am basically SOL from their end. Ill look into getting it x-rayed myself.
    Robert

Feedback Score
    Too bad on the UPS deal

On my last gig, plates were just laying in a big pile and you picked the ones you wanted. I was concerned so I brought them up NOTB and Quietshootr hooked me up. He had a Vet friend that xrayed them for free.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score

Thumbs down worthless insurance

r.d., i am sorry to read about what happened. however, i am not surprised that u.p.s. looked for a way out of doing the right thing about the insurance. the post office is the same way. it defeats the whole purpose of paying for the insurance. it provides a false sense of comfort. first the driver ran, then u.p.s. ran from it's obligation to do the right thing.

as a result, many times i no longer bother with buying the insurance. many times it does no good anyway.

for your own safety and peace of mind, i would get it x rayed. m.h.o.

good luck.
    Cold Zero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast