Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPS guy dropped cpc plate on concrete

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TIM I do not regret the purchase, Was it worth the trouble, I can't say now. I saw a plate for $150 Shipped when the cheapest I could find it elsewhere was $240. I'll probably loose all of the money I saved as I'll have to pay at this point to have it x-rayd but it was an impulse buy while browsing on line stores. I have wanted to try a ceramic triple curve plate for a while(I have steel plates now)and had some disposable income. I do not have a pressing need for it as I am just a lowly civy So likely the most action the plate will see is a training class where plates are required. I'll deal with getting it x-rayd and in the end if it is ok I"ll feel that much better about trusting the plate. If it is cracked/broken then it obviously was not worth the trouble and I'll live with my mistake.
    When I make a purchase that was contemplated before hand I buy from a reputable dealer(Triad,G&R,BCM,Tactical Response gear,ATS..), if it costs more I save longer. This time I bought from Botach. The problem that happened was not directly their fault .I knew their sketchy history and took my chances. Oh well live and learn. BTW Tim I like the motto you proposed for them it seems to be fitting.
    Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just because it doesn't say fragile on the box doesn't mean drop kick delivery. I would still try to file a claim with ups. I'll check with a fellow firefighter who owns his own ups store to see if there is someone up top to talk to. At lease have them pay for the Xray.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    Just because it doesn't say fragile on the box doesn't mean drop kick delivery. I would still try to file a claim with ups. I'll check with a fellow firefighter who owns his own ups store to see if there is someone up top to talk to. At lease have them pay for the Xray.
    I agree...however I would argue that it's more Botach's responsibility than UPS, for knowingly putting something fragile in an unmarked box. While some things might be breakable, I think it's a reasonable expectation that a sender indicate, in some fashion, that the contents might be fragile.
    TimW
    Phoenix

Feedback Score

Another idea on X-ray...

Contact a local tech college or someplace that does X-ray technician training and see if they'd be willing to X-ray it as a project for the "educational" value of the project and to use it as a demonstration.

It may be a cheap and viable alternative if you can't contact a Vet-tec.

It may also include the hassle of "do you know someone" but it's worth a try if you have a contact.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Botach won't do crap, your lucky you actually got the package.
    The last time I bought from botach they forgot to bill me and forgot to ship the package... even though they sent me a tracking number, and now I get emails asking for my credit card info... they are one big joke. They have good prices, and I have lucked out a few times but I'll never deal with that pain in the ass again.
    They are weird as hell, I have had them tell me they were shipping it out at this moment and a few weeks later nothing not even a tracking number, another time they told me they were replacing an item with another item and when I got it they just dropped it from the shipment, no item no replacement. (that led to the other orders trying to get the damn replacement)
    If you have to order from them be sure to check the review check box, I had them jump on an order quick after giving them a bad review, maybe yahoo gets up their ass about it?

panzerr Guest
    RD -if your plate is anything like the G.I. issue plates it'll be fine. They can take a bit of a drop. Since yours was boxed and in bubble wraped I would bet it is gtg.

FYI here is a quick check an SF guy taught me:

Grab it by two opposite corners and try to 'twist' it, and then repeat with the other two corners. Don't be afraid to put a little elbow grease into it. If you hear any crackling your plate is busted.
    Last edited by panzerr; 04-06-07 at 07:38. Reason: spelling error

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123