Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedroom M4's. How do you store yours?

Feedback Score

Bedroom M4's. How do you store yours?

For those of you that keep a M4 semi auto in your bedroom, share how you keep it stored. I'm looking for things like

Magazine loaded and inserted, but no round in the chamber.
    Hammer down, safety on fire

I'm also interested on how confident you are that you could load a round in the chamber under stress. FWIW, I shoot SASS and think I could cock a Single Action, lever a Marlin 94, and maybe even put 2 rounds in a double under stress because I have done this 1,000's of times under the clock. I'm not so sure if I could be as efficent in pulling back the charging handle, letting it go, hitting the forward assist and maybe turning on an Eotech.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Leaning up against the wall, condition 3.

If you don't want to worry about turning the optic on, buy an Aimpoint and leave it on.

As for manipulating the charging handle under stress, try the Bravo Company extended charging handle.

No reason to hit the forward assist. Pull the CH back and let it go.

Just as you have practiced with your SASS weapons, you need to practice with your AR. Maybe go to a carbine course?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 87GN View Post
    No reason to hit the forward assist. Pull the CH back and let it go.
    That's what I thought too until I started drilling with a H&K magazine in my new LE6920 at the range. If the magazine is full and I ride that charging handle just a little bit when going back "home" it sticks and I have to hit the forward assist. No problem at all when hitting the carrier release button with the bolt back. I may reduce the number of rounds in the magazine to lower the resistance.
    Last edited by Buckshot Barry; 12-20-09 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post

Hammer down, safety on fire.
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Feedback Score
    On hooks behind mirror. Condition 3 (assuming this is ditto 1911 condition). Use aimpoint always on, low light setting. This is not my go to weapon for immediate defence. More like a "take a walk around the yard" deal.

Feedback Score
    I use my defender 1300 12 gauge with a tac light and loaded for home defense. Point and shoot
    There is not such thing as too many guns, knives, and the accessories to go with them.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."-Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    Drop the steel mag. Load a Magpul with 28, slap. Problems over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post
    That's what I thought too until I started drilling with a H&K magazine in my new LE6920 at the range. If the magazine is full and I ride that charging handle just a little bit when going back "home" it sticks and I have to hit the forward assist. No problem at all when hitting the carrier release button with the bolt back. I may reduce the number of rounds in the magazine to lower the resistance.
    so...don't ride the charging handle! And don't use crappy magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry
    Hammer down, safety on fire
    But I'm wondering within myself in regards to a stress fire situation since I am severely myopic and rely on eyeglasses and my vision's no farther than my nose!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Smokewagon sleeps next to the bed.

None in the pipe. Loaded mag. Safety on. Optic is always on.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast