Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedroom M4's. How do you store yours?

Feedback Score
    V-Line rifle case under bed, condition 3 w/20 rnd Lancer L5 mag inserted, Aimpoint C3 left on, and Streamlight TLR-1.
    Last edited by ballistic; 12-20-09 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I keep a loaded pistol (HK USP 45C), and an AR mag in no round in chamber next to me. Also have an 870 and G19 kept loaded in the closet as our safe room.

Ammo is Gold Dots for handguns, Mk262 for AR's, and TAP 2 3/4" 00 buck for the shotgun.

60lb half rottie in the back, and two yappie dogs inside (my alarm).

Wife knows how to shoot everything I have so hopefully if it ever came to it she would do what she needs to if Im not home or get taken out.

Also keep a cell phone next to the bed. A smart robber would just cut the cable outside, and it would drop all land comms from most people's houses. Dont rely on the house phone, and keep your phone charged.

Feedback Score
    Mine sleeps at the head of my bed, in the slot between the top of the mattress and wall. L5 mag in, no round in chamber, safety on Fire, Pentagonlight eX2 mounted at ten O'clock.

Feedback Score
    What about leaving the slide locked back rather than having to pull the charging handle?

It won't damage the buffer spring or hammer spring any to leave it like that - then you can just pop the dust cover back on and put it on safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    Smokewagon sleeps next to the bed.

None in the pipe. Loaded mag. Safety on. Optic is always on.

[/IMG]
    So to have your safety on, you have to have your hammer back, right?

Feedback Score
    Correct

Feedback Score
    Lets talk about this "condition 3" business. Is there a published readiness condition protocol for the AR, or are we simply borrowing from the universally accepted 1911 readiness conditions?

Feedback Score
    I keep mine with a loaded mag, unchambered. It sleeps right next to me.
    A semi auto shotgun would be a more ideal bedroom/home weapon, IMHO. But this is situationally subjective.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post

Wife knows how to shoot everything I have so hopefully if it ever came to it she would do what she needs to if Im not home or get taken out.
    DO NOT piss off this women...like EVER

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JenX View Post
    DO NOT piss off this women...like EVER
    I'd much rather be shot by a competent shooter than someone likely to remove a limb and leave me to bleed to death.

I also don't think an AR is a good home defense weapon. Even in shortest legal form (aside from SBR'd), it's far more difficult to sweep a room with than a pistol.

Lets put it this way - you know your house, the perp likely doesn't: however, they're gonna either see you pop out of a door and then have to draw on them, or they're gonna see a barrel come around a corner and know they need to pop holes in the person holding it - either one isn't a good scenario.

You can hold a pistol far closer to you and provide much shorter engagements and not have to swing your whole body to cover multiple perps.

All of this is irrelevant if your house has 14' wide hallways and large open spaces beyond every doorway. Mine doesn't.
    Last edited by FJ540MN; 12-20-09 at 19:14.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast