Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Bedroom M4's. How do you store yours?

Feedback Score
    I have a dedicated .22LR upper and seriously considering it as a primary HD tool. At close distance it is as good as any small caliber while over-penetration and deafening noise is considerably less of an issue.

Feedback Score

My way

M4 under bed, safety on bolt forward, 28 rd mag inserted. My thinking is that years of muscle memory will kick in and I will be able to go from con 3 to con 1 in a heartbeat as always. Besides... the sound of a bolt going home gets people's attention QUICKLY. I figure I will have enough delay with the alarm and dog barking to wake up, arm myself, and take position. Wife has Para Ordanance 1911 on nightstand next to cell phone. IF they get through the doors, alarm and dog they'll deal with me at the first hallway of the house where I can cover two doors and a living room from behind a corner. Now if they get in when I'm working (LEO on midnight shift in my own town), half of our tac team will be coming with me as we're on the same nights. Wifey is a great shot and wakes up at a mouse fart too.

Feedback Score
    Ok, after reading the whole thread I am less sure than when I started.

Up till now I've kept my AR in condition 1, on the wall next to my bed. Problem is, everything I've been taught tells me it is BAD BAD BAD to leave a loaded weapon unattended, so I'd clear it every day before going to work. I'd do the same for my CCW - I work on base. No carrying to work EVER. I should probably invest some of my deployment money in a safe when I get home.

I live alone; the girlfriend won't be moving in till we get married next year. I suppose I could

A. Leave the weapons in the safe/storage area in condition 1 to prevent denting the primers into uselessness,
    B. Keep the carbine in Condition 3, but that still doesn't help with my CCW (I always carry locked and cocked), or
    C. Keep doing what I'm doing.

I freely admit that I don't know which way to go. Any help?
    Last edited by QuadBomb; 06-29-10 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadBomb View Post
    A. Leave the weapons in the safe/storage area in condition 1 to prevent denting the primers into uselessness,
    B. Keep the carbine in Condition 3, but that still doesn't help with my CCW (I always carry locked and cocked), or
    C. Keep doing what I'm doing.
    I would vote A (buy a safe). I have avoided repeatedly rechambering the same round many times for fear of gradually pushing the bullet too far into the case leading to an overpressure situation. But since I'm not basing that on anything other than "what I read on the Internet" I'm hopeful someone knowledgeable will comment.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadBomb View Post
    the girlfriend won't be moving in till we get married next year.
    Kudos to you two for that.
    Last edited by sproc; 06-29-10 at 22:38.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930