Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
I will say that I recently picked up a Krebs KTR-03S and have taken a real liking to it. It may be on the "go to" list before long.
I feel the same about my Krebs AK-103k - I have far more confidence in it than my BM M4gery. Since my intentions in any SHTF scenario would be strictly last-ditch defensive, a good carbine is all I need for a rifle and the Krebs fits that task perfectly. IMO, the best way to survive an armed confrontation is to do everything possible to avoid it in the first place.

I am firmly in the camp that prefers fewer tools and more skills.

I've been a competetive pistol shooter for over 25 years - bullseye, IPSC/IDPA, NRA action pistol, bowling pins and PPC. The S&W k-frames fit my small hands like a glove and I prefer double-action to single-action with them. I had a 1911 for years but could never shoot it as well as the S&W revolvers. But for the last 7 years it's been all Glock 17. Like some have stated above, use what you shoot best and I have truly made "a connection" in terms of shooting competence/comfort with the Glock. I have some Blackhawk carry gear for the pistol, mags, M6x light/laser and Streamlight TL2 handheld.

Beyond the pistol and rifle, I also consider a good set of protective goggles and electronic hearing protection as vitally important. Ringing ears and/or impaired vision will not serve me well if someone is shooting at me.