Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What weapons do you have in your Tool Kit, and why?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Incidentally, one of the top shooters in our club shoots a Glock 19 and runs an AR with, last time I checked, a Trijicon Reflex sight. He's a private security guy and he is a VERY good shooter. He games it for IDPA, but he knows what he's doing.

I would say that makes a good argument for what one "needs".

Feedback Score

Wink

I have "a family of shooters." I have sisters, brothers-in-law, sons, nephews, partners, friends and a wife who all know how to shoot. If something happens, my place is where everybody meets up. Because my place is the fall back place, I keep a variety of different firearms available and a number of rounds too. In other words, I have "categories" of firearms.

I have four .22 caliber rifles, for example, 2 that are semi-automatic fire and 2 that are bolt-actioned with scopes. One of the semi-autos is a Ruger 10-22 for which I have a number of magazines. This rifle would be to lay down supressive fire like a mini-machinegun would do. The other is a very accurate tube-fed semi-auto which would support/augment the Ruger. The two bolt-action rifles would be used like sniper rifles with their scopes and extremely accurate fire. All four of these rifles could also be used for training purposes or even "trade goods" if needed.

My three .223 AR-15 rifles would be used by experienced shooters who have military/law enforcement experiences behind them. One is set up with a scope and the other two are M-4 type carbines.

Four shotguns would be used to deliver massive firepower for close range "social encounters" that needed it.

Big bore pistols for experienced shooters and medium bore for some shooters and small bore for training/trade goods.

Several other things that I have included or will include in my main equipment list is knives, machetes, hatchets, hammers and sharpening stones.

I really do NOT expect to ever need any of this stuff. I have, however, just finished reading a news article where people in New Orleans have started arming themsleves just in case there is another major hurricane like Katrina in their area. Both FEMA and the Red Cross stress that we should "plan ahead" in case of a major storm or disaster so I guess that a decent amount of food, water, guns, ammo and prescription meds is what I'm aiming for. Having been in combat with the paratroopers of the 173D Airborne Brigade in Viet Nam for over a year, living rough is something that does NOT scare me. I may not like it but I know that I can get the job done for me and my family members.

Feedback Score
    Duty Pistols:

HK USP .45 with LEM, Mepro Nightsigts and HK UTL MkII for both Patrol and SWAT

Off-Duty Pistol:

HK USPc .45 with LEM

Not carrying a gun:

S&W 442 .38

Patrol Rifle:

Bushmaster 16" AR with carryhandle mounted 1.5X Compact ACOG and light, BFG single point

SWAT Rifle:

Colt 6721 with Eotech, light and BFG single point

Personal Rifle:

Frankengun with Oly Arms lower, LMT upper, Aimpoint ML3 in LT mount, LT 7.0 with TD vertical grip, Pentagonlights light, Vltor A1 length clubfoot, BFG single point

HD Shotgun:

Benelli M1S90 with two point and sidesaddle

Long Range Love:

GA Precision .308 built on Rem 700 with McMillan A5 in three color desert, Leupold Vari-xIII in 3.5x10x40 M3, Mike Miller slip cuff, Harris bipod

Everything's pretty simple. They are all just tools and get pretty scarfed up as I use them. I try to keep the systems the same so I don't have to switch between control types, etc. in stressful situations.
    Affiliated with BattleComp Enterprises, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne View Post
    Duty Pistols:

HK USP .45 with LEM, Mepro Nightsigts and HK UTL MkII for both Patrol and SWAT

Off-Duty Pistol:

HK USPc .45 with LEM

Not carrying a gun:

S&W 442 .38

Patrol Rifle:

Bushmaster 16" AR with carryhandle mounted 1.5X Compact ACOG and light, BFG single point

SWAT Rifle:

Colt 6721 with Eotech, light and BFG single point

Personal Rifle:

Frankengun with Oly Arms lower, LMT upper, Aimpoint ML3 in LT mount, LT 7.0 with TD vertical grip, Pentagonlights light, Vltor A1 length clubfoot, BFG single point

HD Shotgun:

Benelli M1S90 with two point and sidesaddle

Long Range Love:

GA Precision .308 built on Rem 700 with McMillan A5 in three color desert, Leupold Vari-xIII in 3.5x10x40 M3, Mike Miller slip cuff, Harris bipod

Everything's pretty simple. They are all just tools and get pretty scarfed up as I use them. I try to keep the systems the same so I don't have to switch between control types, etc. in stressful situations.
    How do you like your USP .45 with LEM trigger?

Feedback Score
    Specifically work related:

MK18 w/ Knights suppressor and MK262 is my primary
    M4 secondary/primary

Sig 226 9mm

MK 12

MK 11

MK 13 300 win mag, may surpass the MK11 in some cases, especially now I have one with a suppressor.

MK 15 ... Fun to shoot, limited match grade ammo

Feedback Score
    16" Noveske Recce Style rifle
    HK USP (Tactical, Compact - 45/40)

Ideally I would like a suppressed 12.5" Noveske Crusader in 6.8 x 43mm. I would stick with my USP pistols because I'm familiar with them although Glocks and Sigs are both of quality as well. I would also recommend a large breed trained dog with a protective demeanor.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MerQ View Post
    I would also recommend a large breed trained dog with a protective demeanor.
    Now that's a tool I'd like to see in my toolbox. Worth it's weight in gold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Specifically work related:

MK 15 ... Fun to shoot, limited match grade ammo
    When I first read that I though "CIWS" -- while fun to shoot, match ammo is certainly limited.

Oh well, if you said 88 the tread heads would have all thought recovery vehicle.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My go-to guns:
    Rifle: Colt 6920, LaRue 7.0, Aimpoint ML2/LaRue M68 mount, Troy buis, Tangodown foregrip and pistol grip, Surefire E2D in VLTOR scout mount, Knights QD sling mounts with Wilderness Giles sling.

Pistol: Sig 228 and Glock 17

All the others are just for fun.

Feedback Score

I want I need

CCW Glock 23(wilderness safe packer). Also a Serpa thigh rig for Glock

POF 16" 415 5.56 cabine (on order) with an Acog 4X and Surefire light and a SRT can(on order).

Rem 870 with a Ziess red dot sight and a knox stock. And a 56 round bandoleer.

Anschutz 141m 22mag with a Kales scope. Sweet nutria hunting rig

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast