Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Three gun rifle set up

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

New Three gun rifle set up

I watched Colds video the other day and noticed they were all shooting guns simular to my Larue Stealth in size. They had PRS stocks and 18 to 20 inch barrels. I thought I would try to change some things around on my Larue.

This is before. Its set up as a DMR rifle and its heavy.

I pulled the scope off and put my Swarovski on it from my Noveske. I also took off the bi pod and mono pod. This lightened the gun up a lot. I then added the hand stop.

I have not shot it like this yet. But doing dry fire drills it did not seem too heavy. I think I will try this at my next three gun match. It offers better accuracy and more velocity than my 14.5 inch Noveske.

I am ordering a Aimpoint T1 for the Noveske and I think I will use it as my patrol rifle instead of my Colt. It feels very light. I will post a pic with the new optic when it comes in.

Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 12-28-09 at 00:33.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would loose the BUIS, JPSRS and handstop thing for a 3G rifle.

Otherwise, good gear.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    I would loose the BUIS, JPSRS and handstop thing for a 3G rifle.

Otherwise, good gear.
    Thanks. The short range sight is an experiment. I have had mess ups on stages where I forgot to turn the magnification down costing me time. I thought that this would help. Rather than mess with the scope just cant the rifle for close targets. I have not used them in a match yet. The BUIS is not needed your right. I just am using to having them on my rifles. My idea was if my optic went down in the match I could always finish with irons although I would not do nearly as well. The handstop is brand new. I thought it might help me keep a consistent hand placement on the forend. But your right they may all just be extra weight. I need to play with this set up at the range.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Get a Drissel or R&R throw lever for the scope instead of the iron sight contraption
    ---Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong---

--Your worst needs to be better than their best--

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00bullitt View Post
    Get a Drissel or R&R throw lever for the scope instead of the iron sight contraption
    Thanks What is R&R?
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    R&R Racing is a company. They make steel targets,Saiga shotguns and scope throw levers. The lever for the Meopta fits the Z6.
    Very fast to switch from low to high. notice in the video....when the two guys come into the box on the stage with the targets in your face with all the barrels and partition walls. What you did not see in the video was the roof top we just came off of shooting 200 yard steel. So as we entered the box....we had to power down and you can see how fast it was done. We both forgot until we fired the first shot. The time we used coming off the roof was for a mag change.
    ---Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong---

--Your worst needs to be better than their best--

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00bullitt View Post
    R&R Racing is a company. They make steel targets,Saiga shotguns and scope throw levers. The lever for the Meopta fits the Z6.
    Very fast to switch from low to high. notice in the video....when the two guys come into the box on the stage with the targets in your face with all the barrels and partition walls. What you did not see in the video was the roof top we just came off of shooting 200 yard steel. So as we entered the box....we had to power down and you can see how fast it was done. We both forgot until we fired the first shot. The time we used coming off the roof was for a mag change.
    Cool thanks. I will order a cat tail and I took off the side sights.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I won a pair of side irons at a match, I sold them fast over on brianenos.com forum.

If you dont think youll use them again, Id sell them there, JP was out of them for a while.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I won a pair of side irons at a match, I sold them fast over on brianenos.com forum.

If you dont think youll use them again, Id sell them there, JP was out of them for a while.
    I gave them to a buddy who could use them. But thanks. I am glad you posted your vid Cold. Your guns inspired me on this. I ordered a new comp as well after reading the thread on comps on brian enos forums. The S&J customs brake.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ok I took the advice I was given and its done again. Now I just need to shoot it. So cold outside though. I could not bear to lose the BUIS however. I will live the that tiny bit of extra weight.

Last edited by Alaskapopo; 11-21-09 at 07:15.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast