Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Apex Sear for the M&P!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

New Apex Sear for the M&P!

This was posted over on www.mp-pistol.com and while I know a lot of folks have accounts over there I ask Randy Lee if he would mind if I cross posted it here as well for those that don't have accounts in both places.

After exchanging PMs with Randy and Scott I learned that their first run of sears sold out in one day! They are however planning a larger run that they expect to have finished by SHOT.

I love the M&P but have been very critical of the trigger so this sear is very good news for me. It was also mentioned that they're working on a firing pin plunger as well!

Apex Tactical Specialties is coming out with drop in trigger kits and extractors for the Smith and Wesson M&P line of pistols.

Our prototypes have run flawlessly for the past month and the parts will be available soon to the general public.

Our Drop In Sear will reduce the trigger to a smooth 4lbs and reduce the reset by more than 40%. They're 100% billet machined right here in the USA from high grade tool steel. They're also carefully heat treated to rigid quality control specifications to insure the longest service life possible.

Our Drop In extractor has been carefully redesigned to produce consistent extraction for the 9mm M&P models currently available. It's been made from high grade billet machined Stainless Steel right here in the USA.

We're through the beta testing phase of development and the first batch is on the way. I expect the parts to go up on our online store within the next couple of weeks.

Sear Price: $29.95

Extractor Price: Not yet known.

Feedback Score
    Hi everybody.

My name is Scott Folk, I'm a partner at Apex Tactical Specialties along with Randy Lee and Lisa Farrell.

I've joined this forum to help provide better customer or "potential customer" service by answering any questions any of you might have.

Please feel free to contact me here by forum posts, through PM or on my Apex email address at scott@apextactical.com.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Scott

PS. Here's another pic of the sear

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flork View Post
    Hi everybody.

My name is Scott Folk, I'm a partner at Apex Tactical Specialties along with Randy Lee and Lisa Farrell.

I've joined this forum to help provide better customer or "potential customer" service by answering any questions any of you might have.

Please feel free to contact me here by forum posts, through PM or on my Apex email address at scott@apextactical.com.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Scott
    Merry Christmas indeed!

Great news, lets get some reviews here so I can tell just how much of an improvement this offers.

Buckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 12-24-09 at 16:35.
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    The initial offering is sold out as of the moment.

Here's a link to our shopping cart. http://www.apextactical.com/hp_zencart/

The next batch will be in within a couple of weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome stuff! Is there a pre-order or back-order list I can get on? I would be all over 2 of these.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    SWEET! It's about time. Thank you for making a much sought after product. I will definately be ordering a few for my M&P's. David

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the interest guys.

Just had a nice long talk with my partners, we're working on backorder/preorders for the sears. At the moment, just email me at scott@apextactical.com to get on the waiting list and I'll give you first dibs on parts when we have them.

Thanks.

Flork

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flork View Post
    Thanks for the interest guys.

Just had a nice long talk with my partners, we're working on backorder/preorders for the sears. At the moment, just email me at scott@apextactical.com to get on the waiting list and I'll give you first dibs on parts when we have them.

Thanks.

Flork
    Thank man, I know the members here will really appreciate that!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Welcome Flork!

I'd be VERY interested in sear.

You might look into producing the Mass. compliant trigger springs too. I know the market is probably pretty small on them, but there is a market for them since S&W is unwilling to part with them.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hi Scott, welcome...

this should be a hot little product for you!

do you have any idea of how this compares to the Performance Center sear from Smith & Wesson?
    never push a wrench...

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast