Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Apex Sear for the M&P!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Welcome Flork!

I'd be VERY interested in sear.

You might look into producing the Mass. compliant trigger springs too. I know the market is probably pretty small on them, but there is a market for them since S&W is unwilling to part with them.
    You should email me the info on what we would need to be Mass compliant. I'm not opposed to doing it if there is interest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    Hi Scott, welcome...

this should be a hot little product for you!

do you have any idea of how this compares to the Performance Center sear from Smith & Wesson?
    PC Sear: Trigger pull wt. 4 lbs 13.0 oz
    Trigger reset dist. approx .18"

Apex Sear: Trigger pull wt. 4lbs. 0.2 oz
    Trigger reset dist. approx .15"

The trigger pull values were an average of 10 readings from a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge.

The reset value was derived using pin gauges of increasing diameter being placed between the frame's overtravel pad and that of the trigger's OT pad. The trigger was pinned to the rear and the gauges were placed between the two pads until the sear/trigger bar snapped back into engagement.

Please keep in mind that these results were collected on a sample of only one gun, and that the results will probably vary from gun to gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Welcome to M4C!

This is something I've been screaming about since I got my M&P. I'm eager to give them a shot. I ordered 2. Robb, you're welcome to one of them once I get them if you want to do some T&E before the next run.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flork View Post
    You should email me the info on what we would need to be Mass compliant. I'm not opposed to doing it if there is interest.
    I should be able to get a some Mass. compliant springs in the next few weeks. I can send you one to spec. out to see if you can produce it.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I'd be interested in 2 sear's as well for my 2 M&P9s.

One question though, will this sear fit in the M&P40 or is it completely different?

Welcome to M4C!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Welcome to M4C!

This is something I've been screaming about since I got my M&P. I'm eager to give them a shot. I ordered 2. Robb, you're welcome to one of them once I get them if you want to do some T&E before the next run.
    Thanks Tim, I may take you up on that.
    I own Langdons old M&P45, he put several thousand rounds through it and I recently found out that it needs a new sear. Even so the pistol is still surgically accurate. Maybe even more accurate than my Pro.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This is all sorts of awesome.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I'd be interested in 2 sear's as well for my 2 M&P9s.

One question though, will this sear fit in the M&P40 or is it completely different?

Welcome to M4C!
    Other than the Performance Center sear used in the Pro model, all the M&P sears are the same IIRC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    This is something I've been screaming about since I got my M&P. I'm eager to give them a shot.
    Ditto! Put it together with a rounded safety plunger and a better striker and it's a trigger job and reliability package in a box.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score

sear and Mass spring

Here's Another vote for Apex to product the Mass trigger spring.

I was lucky enough to score the parts to make a P-T.com clone (not from S&W, dagnabit) - I love it. Having the stronger trigger return spring made for a slightly heavier pull (another pound or so), but a much more forceful reset in my MP9.

Bravo Apex.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast