Thread: Interest in a SEATTLE/EVERETT/etc shoot, for all you northern foreigners?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Interest in a SEATTLE/EVERETT/etc shoot, for all you northern foreigners?

Getting this started- Engine, or anyone else, feel free to take over from here if you want (please), but I wanted to get it kicked off. I've personally been slacking on pushing the meets in this group, so I'm gonna make double effort from here out.

I have no idea what the Seattle area has to offer in the way of hot-range-friendly venues, so you people local to the area- let us know what's up there. Hell, I might even drive up and join, even though I generally don't cross WA lines unless its an emergency (or Bob's is having an ammo sale).

Lets-
    Get a list of interested members - chime in!
    Get an approximately date settled on - chime in!
    Establish a good venue - chime in!

and get this northern party started
    Last edited by bkb0000; 12-31-09 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    Are you guys interested in a range proper, or just a place to shoot? I know a few places up this way where you can shoot. I am also friendly with the local USFS cop so I can check with him and let him know what's going to happen so they don't freak out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by engine296 View Post
    Are you guys interested in a range proper, or just a place to shoot? I know a few places up this way where you can shoot. I am also friendly with the local USFS cop so I can check with him and let him know what's going to happen so they don't freak out.
    ranges are ideal, as they provide good backstop, flat, even ground, good parking and generally have good access.. but spots out in the woods, so long as they provide each of these criteria, are perfectly fine. then we don't have to worry about range rules, possible fees, and safety nazis.

google earth can be a good tool for finding spots, if a tool is needed.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 01-01-10 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    I prefer good spots in the woods myself. Most of the ranges around here are full of "fuds" and look down at evil black guns. Most also have a no rapid fire rule. Forget showing up with tactical gear......"what are you guys a milita or something?" Don't get me wrong I'm sure that there are good ranges out there, I just don't know where they are. What I do know of is a old gravel/ dirt pit about 5 miles from the nearest paved road. Only one problem- snow. forget about it till spring.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    some ranges will loosen, or forget entirely, their blanket safety rules for private groups on reserved ranges or sections of ranges. we'll be isolated from regular members and on our own for liability, and probably paying for the space.. no reason not to leave us alone.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I am in....I am with Engine296, I like the idea of heading out the the great out of doors. I don't have a lead on anyplace in particular, but it sounds like he does.