Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in a SEATTLE/EVERETT/etc shoot, for all you northern foreigners?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'd definitely be down for something in February (too many classes I gotta take in January).
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may be able to get a place to shoot for a small fee. Do you guys prefer indoor (Bellevue/Issaquah) or outdoor (Ravensdale)?

What type of time frame are you thinking of, all day or an evening? Week days generally work best for me.

My schedule is pretty tight, but I will see what I can come up with and post a few options.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    Well, my backyard is the National Forest so.... yes you can shoot in it.

But seriously. I have an idea for a spot. it meets all your requirements and is free.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by engine296 View Post
    Well, my backyard is the National Forest so.... yes you can shoot in it.

But seriously. I have an idea for a spot. it meets all your requirements and is free.
    do tell! coordinates would be good

Feedback Score

Try the Sportsmans Range

I attended a class their and it was good to go for the two lines of five, it was set off a bit and not seen from the shotguns ranges, we did some VERY close range gunfighting ( pistol) its even close to Cabelas.
    depending when I will try and make it up.

RobL
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    I'm down for a pit training event. Eventually, the 3 hour drive to Portland gets tiring, hahaha.

I've shot a fair amount at the pit near Snoqualmie, and I've got no problem being diplomatic with other shooters. As long as you bring spray paint, strings, and a fair dose of courtesy when establishing general expectations (cold range rules, lanes of fire) it shouldn't be a big deal in the event others want to share a pit.

But ideally, if someone knows of a flatter pit that isn't quite as popular... This pit, being near Snoqualmie, is 1 hour away from Seattle via I-90, and is near popular camping/shooting areas. It is well out of the "no target shooting corridor" put in place this past year luckily.

As for a what we could actually do, busting out a copy of "green eyes black rifle" and setting up one of the standard drills would be easy enough.

Having people help tape and maybe run a shot timer (other than the one on my iPhone) would be cool too.
    Last edited by Fontaine; 01-05-10 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We can use the Ravensdale range (Cascade Pistol and Rifle Club) for free. It is 200 yards and we would have the range all to ourselves. There are already target stands. I can bring steel for distance shooting (100 yards+).

If you prefer indoors, then the cost will probably be around $15 to $20 per person depending on how many people come. There is an hourly fee to use the range, we will just split it amongst the people that show up.

Again, let me know.
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_M View Post
    We can use the Ravensdale range (Cascade Pistol and Rifle Club) for free. It is 200 yards and we would have the range all to ourselves. There are already target stands. I can bring steel for distance shooting (100 yards+).

If you prefer indoors, then the cost will probably be around $15 to $20 per person depending on how many people come. There is an hourly fee to use the range, we will just split it amongst the people that show up.

Again, let me know.
    I have been to Cascade club, and it is a very nice place. Could we use the pistol and shotgun ranges as well? If I remember right, there was a side range that had cover and looked like it was designed for shoot and move drills.

Feedback Score
    I like this option, given that LEO train at this facility and Magpul was hosted there.

Getting cold/wet isn't that big a deal, just bring a change of clothes, haha. Living in WA, getting cold/wet is just a part of reality in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Again, let me know.
    sounds ****in great to me.. want to set it up? outside is preferable to inside, in my opinion- but this is for you guys, so you decide.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast