Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PNW Drills / Practice Sessions

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

PNW Drills / Practice Sessions

Someone had to pop this thread's cherry. Ben (bkb), the floor is yours!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Dates posted

Good morning gents, Do you have any scheduled shoots planned between now and Thanksgiving?, I'd like to come and learn this three gun stuff. Looks like fun.

Dirk

Feedback Score

Good Day all

WOW I know Im dumn but i had a hard time finding this attachment, looks like its now under TG&T
    Any way I went up the take a look at English Pit in Vancouver, from what I was able to learn, WE can rent one of the bays, there are four, and we CAN run our line any way we want, so long as its safe. Jeff teachs a close combat coures it looks like a 0 to 5 meters type of thing where the fireing line is well behind the shooters.
    If anyone wants to get together before T-day im only about 25 miles from the pit, I would be happy to see about booking a time slot, we should probbly have a couple of different days and times. If it turns out only a couple of you want to do some drills and Portland works out for you better I have a place out side Portland, I was out Monday, no snow, but a lot of rain, O and very October cool.
    Looking forward to training with you all.

Rob
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm 20 miles south of the Pit, so let me know where I can help out. Seriously, just ask.

Last time I saw the police range it'd be perfect for box drills, offline of attack, and move and shoot/buddy drills (check drills, etc).

If it's the same one you're talking about it has a gravel backstop, big wood barriers between shooting bays, and tables/etc for people to set up. WA seems like a great plan (No NFA is a bummer) but it's a really professional range that would be great for move and shoot stuff, which is where you really want a nice and safe range to practice said skills. Plus we can bring some barricades with us for that kind of stuff.

Does that interest people?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score

The PIT

or why I love the Cov:
    The pit now has dirt burms, but the rest sounds like what I saw Sunday. Their web sight also list range usage and free time so we can plan around that.

Really lets get together and work this up.

as for me: "I am a teacher, but will always be a student" not sure who said that but its true, just ask me.

Rob L
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Yeah it's gravel shooting bays with dirt backstops. They're actually quite nice.

I'd love to get a training day set up there.

Feedback Score

OK OK how do we do this?

PNT I can work with that.

First Im Rob, retired Air Force security(GUNS) and safety guy! Ill tell all , sure I will.

Are the other groups working up ground rules? Well here is my input, do we need a note taker?

Id like to put up a couple of things after all it is about our safety, training, and our family.

Nothing is free, we can get what we need to train, but I would hope we all know targets and ammo are not free and fees are always there. .

Im not saying I have ever BS'ed a story, but lets be real with what we can do, OK ?

With that said, we are here to help train and learn from each other, right? Its not about all the cool gear on the net, right?

Train and Learn: Lets not add junk made in a country we cant spell to our kit to get by, it will fail, and I'll end up with it, I get all the gear that falls off.

The Govs sent me to a boat load of schools, and I am still in training as a teacher and student.

We and not the GOV owns our gear, how do I say this? Do not steal its not nice.

Questions?

I have been working on some skill sets for a couple of drills .. dry fire, dry fire, then live fire, I'm using a G22, and S&W15 but looking at a 40/ 9, shooting 3 gun, well I hope i never have to haul all the shit to do the job if i had to hump it all ,2 are more then enough, work what ya know.

So , lets do a check in with a mileage check, sorry guys Im in Portland, so I'll start here.

Portland folks, 100 miles, an hour or so drive . Where can we train? What when ?

Out side 100 miles, yes I do know thats a small area, still where can we train/shoot?

Portland folks, BEERS and talk, lets set it up, names numbers, gear stuff. November is here, lets see what we can do, and what we can break, no body parts.

Be safe and well all,

RobL out
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    I am still interested in this if something good gets going within a reasonable distance.

I live in Puyallup, WA but would drive to Vancouver area if need be, it's only 100 miles or so.
    Last edited by BrianS; 10-29-09 at 03:33.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm in Portland, willing to drive 50-75 miles. Areas that work for me are BKB's range, The Pit (civilian or police range), etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Someone had to pop this thread's cherry. Ben (bkb), the floor is yours!
    thank you, sir.

{ahem} sorry for the long furlough, gentlemen.. I'm back!

glad to see peoples are still keeping the group alive! it wasn't an eternity, but i can see a group getting shit-canned for having no activity for 10 days after it's birth! good initiative, Isaac.

I'm gonna go ahead and open up a couplefew threads for photos, roster, and additional training-type stuff. don't let me **** up the flow here- carry on, gentlemen, you're doing great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast