Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February CRPC shoot - Debrief

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i'm still coming.

Feedback Score
    Woo hoo, I can post now! "sproc" talked me into it, it'll be my first course like this, and with a few pieces of new gear to boot (a sling and a holster). I'm looking forward to learning!

Cheers,
    -Troy

Feedback Score

Shooten in feb

I was thinking of going to Douglas Ridge this Saturday to check my zero and get ready for the three gun Sunday. The three guns costs $10.00 and $5.00 for range usage.
    Let me know if ya want to come out Saturday. the bigest issue we had last time was spending hours getting the guns zeroed which left little time for training.

Be safe.
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    if this weather keeps up, we might be shooting in short-sleeves and boonies. i ****in love el ninos.

please DO come early if you want to zero your weapon. not sure why you guys had so much trouble zeroing last time (im just going to assume its because you all suck), but come as early as you want. the range will be open at 8am, you can come as early as that if you want. keep in mind that our maximum target distance will be 20m in the pistol bays.

if you do come early, and for some reason the gate is not wide open- just park on the side of the road an hike up. that just means whoever's got volunteer RSO-duty for that day slept in or forgot. I'll be along at probably 9 or so, and you can move your vehicle up at that point.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Every body hippity hyped up for tomorrow??

I meant to post a reminder earlier, but i forgot. so here it is.

Looks like we'll have 6-8 bodies on the range, and if anybody else wants to join in- feel free.

Just to recap- we'll be shooting on at the pistol bays, which are parallel and down-range from the rifle range. the cable that usually prohibits vehicular access may or may not be down... if it's down, you'll just see a road to the left of the rifle shack. park your vehicle someplace logical, grab your gear, and head down. Please keep magwells empty and bolts to the rear while not in the pistol bay area, including going to and from- and police each other.

Equip list/reminder:
    Bring liquid, and lunch or dinner, your schedule depending
    Bring at least 200 rounds of pistol and 400 rounds of rifle
    Bring ear- and eye-pro - your choice if you wear eye-pro, but have it.. range requirement
    Bring any low-light equip you want, or dont
    Bring RAIN GEAR - the weather is supposed to be ****ing awesome, but this is the Great Northwest
    Bring extra batteries for all your HSLD battery-opted gear
    Bring me a Rockstar (optional)

i feel like there was more shit i was going to tell you to bring, but i can't remember. extra staplers/hammer tackers are always useful.

I'll be getting there, hopefully, about 9. i should be set up pretty quick.. i've been stuck in front of this computer all week, so i wasn't able to build all the way crazy obstacles i wanted to... setup should be quick. then i'll get getting some trigger time in on a couple weapons i haven't fired for a long time, probably on the rifle range- if anybody needs help with anything, just ask.

Email me for my phone number, or email me yours- bkb0000@comcast.net - if you have any problems finding or getting to the range. emails go to my PDA, i should get back to you in 5 minutes.

Gentlemen, I'll see you on the shingle.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 02-07-10 at 00:57.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    sonuvabitch.. i remember one thing- some of the drills we're running are pistol from concealment. so bring your CCW setup, if you see this before mañana. i'm sure everyone will anyway.

We'll start killing paper at high noon.. so come earlier for setup time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Recap

Only 4 shooters??? Where's everybody at?

I didn't know it was Superbowl Sunday... somebody could have pointed that out!

Excellent shoot. We really got out of our comfort zones and induced some telling hangups- which is exactly what these shootouts are for.

We started with Todd Green's Dot Torture... awful. absolutely awful drill. we each ran this one twice, once with pistol and then again with carbines- mostly as a holdover exercise.

Next, we... uhh... I don't remember what was next. Did we go straight into Color Coded Cover? I don't remember if we did anything before Color Coded Cover... but man, once we got on that, we stayed there till dark. Had some great runs- shooting from cover, shooting to cover, secondary transitions, reloading behind cover, target identification, weapon manipulation, shoulder transitions... fantastic.

So out of the 8 drills + variations I had planned, we only got to TWO?? amazing.

Fabulous prizes awarded:

Grand Prize: BCM Hat, only worn once - Ben
    Second Place: Speer Gold-Dot hat, never worn, and only a little mold on the side - Jeff
    Third Place: The round that malfed Isaac's BCM at the last CRPC shoot - Troy

NO ****IN PICTURES... Isaac, I blame you.

Round counts were relatively low.. we didn't do any line-firing, so no mass copious amounts of ammo expended in short periods of time. I'd guess we averaged 250 rifle and 100-120 pistol per shooter.

I wish we had done some line-firing, however... we never did get into my regular paper-plate drills. would have burned through another 100-150 rounds of ammo, but it would have been a good warm-up for the CCC drills later. I'd planned to do paper-plates, then Dot Torture... Dot Torture just sucked away all my desire to line-fire, though. i needed to MOVE.

Looking forward to the next shoot already!

Feedback Score
    Glad I didn't win any prizes!

Was fun meeting and shooting with ya'll. I've got some equipment bugs to work out.
    I will keep my money, my freedom, and my guns. You can keep the "change".

Feedback Score

My bad

Super Bpwl aside I got the cold from hell, would have loved to been out in that I got a 1000 rnd Saterday.
    Well the up side is I still have the rnd, and the weather has to get better.

See ya next time all.
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I totally forgot about this, Ben. Mah bad!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast