Total: $1,579.00

Compared to:

From Scottsdale Gun Club
    Rifles»Colt»123456004210

$1,599.95

Out of Stock

Colt AR15 LE 6450 16" A2 9mm
    SGC ID: 123456004210
    The Colt LE6450 9mm Carbine has a 16.1 in. barrel and fires all standard 9mm ammunition. The design and the features of the AR make it desirable in the following areas: Urban Environments, Boats and ships, in and around buildings, areas with crowds and airfields. Comes with (1) 20 round magazine, manual, cleaning kit, and sling.

That looks like the same price point.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Except 6450's go for about $1200, are a known quantity and I don't have to pay for a bunch of parts/accessories that I may or may not want. The price may be in line without all the extras though.

Feedback Score
    We do offer a stripped lower and I do not believe Colt does. You can build a 9mm rifle from our lower and end at any price point you want.

I built a rifle from one of our lowers and only spent $165.00 (for a barrel) to build the whole rifle. The rest of the parts I pulled from my personal “extra” AR parts box.

At $265.00 for our lower, it is less in price, but a far superior product, to a cheap forged AR-15 lower and a Hahn 9mm mag block.
    Last edited by DDLES; 02-26-10 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    Here is the rifle I built for $165.00 and our lower.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are the 9mm specific parts I would need for this lower? I'm assuming a different buffer would be needed but what else? Springs, hammer, sear, magazine release? Could I build this up with the standard AR lower parts I have sitting around and then add the 9mm upper?

I'm prety interested in this but obviously cost is an issue right now. If I spent $1500 I might as well not come home for a couple months.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    What are the 9mm specific parts I would need for this lower? I'm assuming a different buffer would be needed but what else? Springs, hammer, sear, magazine release? Could I build this up with the standard AR lower parts I have sitting around and then add the 9mm upper?

I'm prety interested in this but obviously cost is an issue right now. If I spent $1500 I might as well not come home for a couple months.
    Our lower only needs a standard AR-15 lower parts kit.

One thing to note is not all mag catches are the same. If the mag catch is not 90 degrees or less you may need to heat the arm of the mag catch and bend it in a bit.

Higher quality mag catches like the Norgon Ambi-Catch and the new Troy Industries Ambi mag release work much better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDLES View Post
    We do offer a stripped lower and I do not believe Colt does. You can build a 9mm rifle from our lower and end at any price point you want.

I built a rifle from one of our lowers and only spent $165.00 (for a barrel) to build the whole rifle. The rest of the parts I pulled from my personal “extra” AR parts box.

At $265.00 for our lower, it is less in price, but a far superior product, to a cheap forged AR-15 lower and a Hahn 9mm mag block.
    I actually have 4 Stripped Colt AR15 Lowers in my safe (I paid $225 each for them) I just haven't had time to build them yet (I'm doing SBR stuff and I didn't want to engrave them so I ended up ordering 3 Colt 6933s lol)

But Colt Lowers are out there you just have to keep an eye out. (I don't know if these were sold stripped or as complete rifles, but the dealer had about 100 of them)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glock281 View Post
    I actually have 4 Stripped Colt AR15 Lowers in my safe (I paid $225 each for them) I just haven't had time to build them yet (I'm doing SBR stuff and I didn't want to engrave them so I ended up ordering 3 Colt 6933s lol)

But Colt Lowers are out there you just have to keep an eye out. (I don't know if these were sold stripped or as complete rifles, but the dealer had about 100 of them)
    So you bought 4 stripped Colt lowers for $225 each. Are they 9mm or just regular 5.56 lowers?

Feedback Score
    Just built this upper for a customer and I liked it so much I had to share. It was really light weight and is very well balanced. The QD suppressor is a nice setup as well.

I have to make one of these for myself.

Feedback Score
    Other calibers and ETA on them?

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast