Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Diamond dedicated Sub Gun 9mm AR15 Lower? Pics inside

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Has anyone done a review on one of their 9mm carbines? I'm very interested in a SBR version, but know nothing about DDLE or their quality.
    I plan to do a review on it on my blog, but haven't had the time to take it out and shoot it. Plus I have a Carbine 2 class coming up next week so I have no time to look at it.

The look and finish of the lower looks clean. It matches my LMT MRP upper (in 9mm configuration). I've hand cycle 9mm rounds using Colt 32rd mags. No issues were found, but of course that's not the same as firing it. The bolt does lock back on the last round due the lower's design. Only thing I don't care for is the light engraving it has. I prefer deeper engravings like my AR lowers, but that's really a superficial thing, and has nothing to do with function or fun.

Here's the only photo I have of it at the moment.

Feedback Score
    Mine as well just have an mp5. Still looks bad ass though. Kind of like a even more awesome Thompson.
    Last edited by DoomOnYou; 10-06-10 at 20:34.
    Doom On You Mr. Tango!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone done a review on one of their 9mm carbines? I'm very interested in a SBR version, but know nothing about DDLE or their quality.
    What do you want to know?

I can only comment on the lower receiver and I found it to have excellent finish. I used a DPMS parts kit and everything fit together smoothly. I used a Rock River complete upper receiver which fit to the lower with no problems (I've had a couple of AR uppers and lowers that were extremely tight). I had an Essential Arms aluminum CAR-15 butt stock and that went on the lower with no problems.

I have about 500 rounds through it and I have had no issues. The RRA upper groups about 1" at 25 yards.

DDLE advises that Metalform magazines are the only magazines that will reliably hold the bolt open, other mags are hit or miss. I have a bunch of C-Product mags and I did not have any failures to feed but they would not work the bolt catch. My buddy has pretty much the same set up and C-Product mags work his bolt catch 100%, go figure. I modified a couple of surplus Uzi mags and they work fine but they do not work the bolt catch obviously. I carry an MP5 for work and that doesn't have a bolt hold open, so I don't feel handicapped not having it on my DDLE, it's just a training issue for me. When I find some Metalform mags at a decent price I'll pick them up, the last ones I found were $50 a pop and that is a bit much for me.

One day I will SBR it but for now I can live with a 16" barrel.

I like it and I'm glad I put one together. I pieced this together for under $600. If you have a bunch of spare AR parts laying around these are fun little guns. If you have a specific question the manufacturer posts on here and they were extremely helpful to me, otherwise you can ask me and I'll try to answer.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    I'm interested in having DDLE build a complete 9mm SBR for me. However, I have never heard of them and know nothing about how well their weapons performed. Reliability is an absolute and it needs to be able to handle the high rounds counts of the carbine courses.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in having DDLE build a complete 9mm SBR for me. However, I have never heard of them and know nothing about how well their weapons performed. Reliability is an absolute and it needs to be able to handle the high rounds counts of the carbine courses.

Do we know if they do build complete guns?
    "Keep your teeth sharp Wolverines."
    - Whiskey2

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Do we know if they do build complete guns?
    They sell complete lowers and uppers.

Feedback Score
    They sell complete lowers and uppers.
    Thanks!
    Good to know.
    "Keep your teeth sharp Wolverines."
    - Whiskey2

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if these are legal to purchase in MD?
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

"A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad."-Bob Edwards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DDLES View Post
    Sort of, we have a design to move forward with but we have been focusing on increasing our capacity. Once that is done we will move forward with the 40sw/.357SIG/10mm.
    How's progress?

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    i really enjoyed building this one. DDLES makes a great product. im going to buy one of their 556 lowers for my next sbr. honestly, im suprised more dealers dont offer the after-anodize engraving process.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast