Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HERA ARMS 1911 PDW / carbine kit

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

HERA ARMS 1911 PDW / carbine kit

After their clever Glock PDW conversion kit (to whichs quality I can attest personally) German manufacturer HERA ARMS has again put an interesting kit on the market which makes the venerable 1911 extremely versatile. Contrary to other handgun conversion kits on the market you are running your trusty reliable Glock/1911 system in the Hera Arms kit without the need to use another slide or barrel. For you poor SBR-law guys, it can be used without a buttstock (with a sling for support like the old Steyr TMP or a micro Uzi) or with a longer barrel and shroud. In a few minutes you are back to the plain vanilla 1911. But imagine that one with a longer 10mm/.45 Super barrel. It adds lots of railspace, makes mounting of a reddot sight easy and keeps the (hopefully) trusted reliability of the 1911 platform.

Youtube video of test:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUB5QN1OYU
    Last edited by Neville; 03-29-10 at 03:00.
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    anybody else notice the Non-existent cut out for the ambi-safety???

u think someone would have thought of that at some point in the design process???

Feedback Score
    Gaping barrel hole deterrent? Yeah, ok, just like racking the action on a 12ga. makes them flee. If they see the "Gaping barrel hole", it should already be to late for deterrance.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    is your humor switch stuck or what do you think a smily means?
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't care what anybody says--that is cool as hell.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Got my conversion kit mounted

Last edited by Neville; 03-29-10 at 03:02.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    SBR version:

Last edited by Neville; 03-29-10 at 03:10.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting...but I'd still prefer an MP5 or a UMP45 for FA work.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its not so much competition to FA machine guns (which civilians can't get), but more adding variety to the Glock/1911 plattform.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    If you want to SBR the thing that means your 1911 frame would be the registered part since that is what has the serial number. Then if you wanted to take your 1911 across state lines for let's say competition and an afternoon shooting with friends, you could't without BATFE prior notification.

No thanks I think I will take the spare cash I have laying around and spend it on a 50 GI upper for my Glock 21.

MadDog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast