Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gun Control

Mods, please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place. I posted this on another forum I frequent:

So as I have alluded to I am not an American. I am from a small British Colony or British overseas territory in the middle of the Atlantic. Guns were banned in Bermuda in the early 60's (I may be a little off) after the government required all guns to be registered. Well there has been a spate of shootings on the island. I didn’t post the link to them all, just one with the summary. This is just my way of saying please keep educating the people around you. Registers and gun control DO NOT WORK!!!!
    http://www.royalgazette.com/rg/Artic...9&sectionId=60

Feedback Score
    If I may ask, how do you go shooting? I have not been to bermuda in 15 years.

I know the Falklands Islands has quite a strong shooting culture.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis View Post
    If I may ask, how do you go shooting? I have not been to bermuda in 15 years.

I know the Falklands Islands has quite a strong shooting culture.
    Very easily......I live in the States now LOL!!!!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Giraffe View Post
    Very easily......I live in the States now LOL!!!!
    Oh ok. I know the Isle of Man for one as well as the Falklands still have handguns. I didn't know Bermuda had banned firearms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I am unsure about handguns but I know you can get a permit for long guns. There are target shooters back home but it takes A LOT to get the permit and it is costly. The government even regulates the nail guns that drive nails into concrete (not sure what they are called) but yah it's pretty bad there. Everytime I go home I tripple check my bags to ensure there is not even a brass casing in there.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Giraffe View Post
    The government even regulates the nail guns that drive nails into concrete (not sure what they are called) but yah it's pretty bad there.
    Hilti or Ramset gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash View Post
    Hilti or Ramset gun.
    YESSSS!!!! Thank-you, it was killin me!! LOL!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    I take it those are gun shops in Bermuda? I was last there in 1991 when I was eight lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis View Post
    Oh ok. I know the Isle of Man for one as well as the Falklands still have handguns. I didn't know Bermuda had banned firearms.
    Friend of mine is a native of the isle of man. He was recently telling me about his CZ 22 and the "moderator" he had gotten. (Moderator is a sound suppressor). The Suppressor was abut 50 quid ($80 plus or minus)...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Friend of mine is a native of the isle of man. He was recently telling me about his CZ 22 and the "moderator" he had gotten. (Moderator is a sound suppressor). The Suppressor was abut 50 quid ($80 plus or minus)...
    very cool. they have some good stuff and very dedicated shooters in the uk. unfortunately they have had bad fortune with laws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast