Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Control

Feedback Score
    Silencers are quite straight-forward to get and even recommended by some clubs; the certificate 'variation' (basically having your licence altered to show you can legally own a supressor) is straghtforward with no major CLEO sign-off issues or trust/LLCs to deal with either.

We'd happily trade it for at least civilian semi-auto possesion beyond .22

Well, I know I would. I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone.

Edited to add: And it's not exactly the laws that gave us the problem, but that's another story.
    Last edited by Gene S; 03-06-10 at 15:31. Reason: Adding further comment that I forgot to include originally

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene S View Post
    Silencers are quite straight-forward to get and even recommended by some clubs; the certificate 'variation' (basically having your licence altered to show you can legally own a supressor) is straghtforward with no major CLEO sign-off issues or trust/LLCs to deal with either.

We'd happily trade it for at least civilian semi-auto possesion beyond .22

Well, I know I would. I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone.

Edited to add: And it's not exactly the laws that gave us the problem, but that's another story.
    Thanks so much Gene. A friend who is a former IPSC shooter and British Army major i met up with in London in 2005. Next time over I'm visiting his shooting club. Despite the laws, you guys have some crack shooters. I know SAS hero chris ryan is an avid civilian shooter in the UK still today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sadly, there are no gun shops in Bermuda. All the friken shootings going on you would think there were a lot of them

I didn't know civilians could shoot in the UK!!! Even more of the wackness!!! Oh well....

Feedback Score
    Yep. We even get scary looking black guns and carbines, though single shot is a lot less fun than semi-auto.

Hey, Magpul Dynamics team! Any plans for a tactical straight-pull course?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Giraffe View Post
    So as I have alluded to I am not an American. I am from a small British Colony or British overseas territory in the middle of the Atlantic. Guns were banned in Bermuda in the early 60's...

No offense buddy, but the biggest worry I ever had on my several trips to Bermuda was how I was going to cope with going back home to New Jersey. The people are so friggin genuinely friendly there is it almost obscene.

Love that beautiful place.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Giraffe View Post
    Sadly, there are no gun shops in Bermuda. All the friken shootings going on you would think there were a lot of them

I didn't know civilians could shoot in the UK!!! Even more of the wackness!!! Oh well....
    There is more shooting going on in the UK now than pre ban. The stuff that is banned in the UK is as follows: Handguns, Semi automatic rifles, PUmp rifles or shotguns. In the case of shotguns, pumps are allowed if they are reduced to hold two rounds. But there is an absolute ton of shooting going on as the bans motivated people to buy firearms!

Most fun shooting i've ever done was in Australia in 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12