Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So... 10.3" factory carbines in the near future?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I always thought the lower-only SBR was walking a thin line with the BATFE, and I read an email that someone reposted on another forum from Spike's Tactical that the BATFE had cracked down on this.
    It's not impossible.

Licensed manufacturers like Daniel Defense don't use Form 1 like non licensed manufacturers would, they use a Form 2 (notice of firearms manufactured or imported).
    Once it's in the NFA registry I don't see why they couldn't just write a formal letter to the NFA branch and notify NFA branch that the lower will also be used with for example a 5.5", 7.5", 8.5", 9.5", 10.3", 10.5" 11.5", 12.5" and 14.5" barrels. Then transfer the lower to a NFA dealer on Form 3, dealer then transfers it to buyer on a Form 4.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    The word is out! Yes. We have made few Registered Short Barreled Rifles. One to Boresight Solutions, 2 to Virginia Arms Co., 6 to the US Marshal Service, and 4 to American Shooters in Las Vegas. We are not stocking these but will build to order. Please order through your local FFL/SOT dealer.

Good talking with you at the show, did you have any of these out on display?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Good talking with you at the show, did you have any of these out on display?
    Stick,

Good to see you as well. I really appreciate you stopping by and checking out the new products. We didn't have any SBRs are the show. I didn't have a chance to get any rifles built on a Form 2 and I didn't want to take any chances. I'll make sure I have some for the next show.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A little off topic, in so far as barrel length is concerned, but are the 16" midlength barrel assemblies available yet? I'm looking to "upgrade" my DDM4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS View Post
    A little off topic, in so far as barrel length is concerned, but are the 16" midlength barrel assemblies available yet? I'm looking to "upgrade" my DDM4.
    We have run two or three batches of these already. I don't have any in stock here, but you should be able to find one somewhere.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Excellent. I will nose around a bit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So about how much are these built to order DD 10.3" carbines? I would assume close to what a DDM4v2 goes for.
    Last edited by parishioner; 01-27-10 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Something that maybe doesn't need asking, but CHF barrels on these?

I know that the interweb is all aflutter with CHF these days, but does anyone have an idea of a ballpark percentage of added barrel life? On a 16" barrel I haven't really bought into all the CHF hype (especially at the premium price some are charging) but when looking at a 10.3" barrel and figuring the barrel life is pretty short it may be worth it. Although, I guess CHF isn't going to do anything to reduce gas port erosion, so maybe it isn't as important as I'm thinking.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    So about how much are these built to order DD 10.3" carbines? I would assume close to what a DDM4v2 goes for.
    A factory registered DDM4v2 short barreled rifle will retail for $1637. These will have our Cold Hammer Forged Barrels.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    A factory registered DDM4v2 short barreled rifle will retail for $1637. These will have our Cold Hammer Forged Barrels.
    Thanks. That's competitive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast