Thread: Fulton 18.5 chrome lined light weight barrel?

Feedback Score

Fulton 18.5 chrome lined light weight barrel?

Have a customized ap4 308 with the DD rifle legth rail and thinking about getting a fulton light weight 18.5 chrome moly chrome lined barrel. Just wondering if anyones tried these and what kind of groups your getting with them? Not completely satisfied with the accuracy/velocity of the factory 16 inch barrel even with handloads and looking for something better.

Thanks!

Justin

Feedback Score
    Just built this set up with the side charger upper after xmas. Haven't shot it yet still waiting for a back ordered handguard. Got the Holiday special, 10% off and free shipping.

Handguard should be here sometime this week, to shoot on Monday 2/1.

Accuracy is not my primary goal. If I can shoot a consistent 1 moa I would be very happy, and maybe a little surprised.

The big deal on this gun...
    with a full 20 round LRMag it weights less then 8 lbs!!!

for good results in short barrels, I use light 155gr bullets and fast powder IMR4895.
    In the 20" bolt gun I was getting ~2880 with this set up, and I was still 1.5gr. less then max
    Last edited by Ando; 01-25-10 at 01:29.

Feedback Score

Fulton 18.5

This month they had an article in Special Weapons for Police and Law Enforcement that reviewed a titan gun with this exact barrel on it. They stated that they were very surprised how accurate this barrel was, shot better than a lot of bolt actions they had tested. Believe with 168 gr amax's it was getting .6 inch 5 shot groups and the groups with 168 smk's weren't far behind. After reading that I took the plunge and ordered one. Got it on my gun last night, got to say I love the light weight. Have to try to get it to the range soon.