Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else own a FN SPR

Feedback Score

Sold my Remington PSS to buy a FNSPR

Great rifle pre-64 action and will keep the brass in the receiver or sling way out there depends on your pull on the bolt. Much classier rifle than the PSS as far as I am concerned. I will not have to trash the barrel and stock to build up a good gun just buy ammo and zero it. They come with a 20 moa base now and it shoots much better and feels better with the Mcmillan stock on it. A gunshop in PA has them at a great price Tanners sport shop 215-343-3103. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a better tactical rifle, and the barrel is chromelined. I had magazines from a spr already so no problem there. Highly reccomend it.

Feedback Score
    well, I finally did find some DBM's on cheaperthandirt.
    I have the A1 floorplate model (my PBR is the DBM and uses the same ones as the SPR)
    would have loved to know about Machinegun.com a few months ago when I was looking all over. I passed that one by somehow
    got mine for 1100 on the Hide
    Last edited by meat; 04-20-07 at 00:35. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $1100? Ok. That's a lot, but I feared it might be even higher...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

FN SPR

I currently have one left, have had up to 3 at once. I love them.
    I shot a 700PSS as my duty gun for 5 years, also a good rifle...but....I will take the SPR anyday.

Feedback Score
    This is my first post guys. Hello to all. I have a FN SPR A1 DBM and love it. It has been pillar bedded by Randy (HateCA) at RD Precision. It shoots sub-1/2 MOA all day. Optics: Leupold Mark4 6.5x20x50 LR/T w/Illu. TMR. Here are couple of pics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    $1100? Ok. That's a lot, but I feared it might be even higher...
    I don't know what they run most places, but CDNN has them in their latest catalog for about $1400 to $1560 depending on barrel length and mag type.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

CDNN's prices are usually pretty good.

Mark
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I picked up my SPR A1 from Tanners Sport Center in Jamison, PA for $1145

Feedback Score
    I had an SPR with Floorplate, 20" fluted barrel I never shot it, I ended up trading it for a new Colt 6920, I plan on replacing it though, that McMillan Stock sure felt nice. I would get the 24" barrel next time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by h8mtv View Post
    One of my next buys is going to be a bolt gun. I am very interested in a FN SPR.
    Yes, I really want one of these myself...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 64ti View Post
    Great rifle pre-64 action and will keep the brass in the receiver or sling way out there depends on your pull on the bolt. Much classier rifle than the PSS as far as I am concerned. I will not have to trash the barrel and stock to build up a good gun just buy ammo and zero it. They come with a 20 moa base now and it shoots much better and feels better with the Mcmillan stock on it. A gunshop in PA has them at a great price Tanners sport shop 215-343-3103. For the money you will be hard pressed to find a better tactical rifle, and the barrel is chromelined. I had magazines from a spr already so no problem there. Highly reccomend it.
    My cousin bought a SPR from Tanners a while back when he first go them in. The owner apparently had to buy a ton of them in order to be able to get PS90's if I recall correctly. He paid a grand maybe a little less for his if I recall. He loves it and I've shoot it out to 600 yards and it seems to be very accurate. If I where looking for a tactical bolt gun the SPR would most likely be my first choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast