Thread: USPSA scoring question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

USPSA scoring question

I was looking at the results from a local match I competed in this past weekend. I was wondering how the hit factor is determined. On a particular stage I had a hit factor of 1.2 or something like that, even though all shots were inside the A zone of the target. Does the time the stage was completed in factor into it? I'm on my phone right now otherwise I would pull up the rule book.

Overall for the match I finished 8 out of 10 in the single stack division. Since this was only my third match I'm pretty happy with it.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

ToddG Guest
    Hit factor is your score (points minus penalties) divided by your time in seconds.

So if you scored two A-zone hits on each of six targets (120 points) with no procedurals, misses, or no-shoots and accomplished all of that in ten seconds:

120 / 10 = 1.2 hit factor

Stage design plays a huge role in what a "good" hit factor should be, which is why they're usually represented in terms of percentage using the top score on the stage (or match) as 100%.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Hit factor is your score (points minus penalties) divided by your time in seconds.

So if you scored two A-zone hits on each of six targets (120 points) with no procedurals, misses, or no-shoots and accomplished all of that in ten seconds:

120 / 10 = 1.2 hit factor

Stage design plays a huge role in what a "good" hit factor should be, which is why they're usually represented in terms of percentage using the top score on the stage (or match) as 100%.

I was sitting here for a second trying to figure out why that 1.2 sounded so low.

120pts in 10 seconds is a 12 HF, not 1.2.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I looked again and my hit factor was actually 1.9396. It was a 70 point stage and I shot it in 36.09 seconds. Scoring is still pretty confusing to me.

Alaskapopo was there and thankfully didn't film me. It was ugly.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver