Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: "I can build a better rifle for less money!"

Feedback Score
    Talk about resurrection.
    Last edited by Colt Carson; 08-06-20 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    Sucks to be $1700 in on a non-running build.

Could have spent about the same on:

DD PDW, SBR / Pistol or a Q Sugar Weasel and been running, if buying a few months ago.

Might be better off finding help on the solution in the tech area instead of a 7 year old thread on why a factory gun is a good move.
    I've heard that even factory shorties sometimes need tuning. If he had picked up either of those you mentioned, he would still have to add over a grand for the can (AAc 762sdn6) & stamp. I could not really see the reason for him building something like this but I think he did it just to do it. I finally found some sub-sonic ammo that might be decent for HD - Lehigh Defense .300 Blackout 194gr Subsonic Maximum Expansion. The bottom one is his new build on an old lower. Really, really quiet! The top one is his 1st build - 5.56

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Talk about resurrection.
    Apparently, somebody DID use the "search" button!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Apparently, somebody DID use the "search" button!
    Totally the same thing, totally...

Feedback Score
    I think this is hilarious, people are always telling new users to use the “search” function. Now that one did, we’re complaining the thread is necro.

Well which one is it? Search so we don’t create duplicate threads, or make new threads so we aren’t resurrecting rotted corpses?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay guys, back on track please.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I think this is hilarious, people are always telling new users to use the “search” function. Now that one did, we’re complaining the thread is necro.

Well which one is it? Search so we don’t create duplicate threads, or make new threads so we aren’t resurrecting rotted corpses?
    Use the search function to find the answer.

I don't believe anyone's ever suggested posting in the long dead (over 7 years in this case) thread.

What I have seen is to search for your answer, and if you cannot find an answer to it in an older thread, to start a new one. I have also seen people starting a new thread to piggyback off an old one, and even inlcude a link to the older thread(s) proving that they've used the search button.

Just my observations over the years.

Feedback Score
    I can build a better rifle for less money.
    No, you can't. You are just cheap and think you can, "just as good", highly doubt it.
    Purchase the best you can afford, but don't convince me your home bulid $800 AR has the same quality/workmanship as the factory LWRC or DD.

Feedback Score
    On topic I do find it hilarious that the latest build it yourself advocate in the same post claims he built better than he could buy, but the gun does not work correctly. I laughed and laughed at that.

Then he tries to tell us the factory guns don’t work either. LOL. Even if that is true you can send them back and demand they be made to work, or get a refund. Can’t do that with your self build.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast