Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: ACR Available 3/1/10

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    The prices will drop. The barrel options will be what we want (1-7) and
    think about it, a Noveske railed gun is $2100 to $2300. So whats $200 more
    after the price settles. Not a Plasma rifle in the 40watt range..... but still cool.

T

Priceless quote there. Got to love "The Terminator"...
    I am really not a fan of either and would take a well built AR15 over these rifles any day of the week. I dont think its next generation either. However when I put my modified KRISS SMG next to my modified AR15 its like the KRISS is a pulse rifle from "Aliens" and my AR15 is from 1975. Just my opinion of course and wouldnt go any different route than a well built AR15 for reliability and longer ranges and a well built .45 ACP SMG for entry, CQC situations. I am looking at a Bushmaster .50 BMG Semi-auto rifle at the moment. They have them instock here at good prices. Twice the price of the ACR/SCAR though. Thats the crappy part.
    Last edited by Endless; 03-02-10 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is your KRISS a select fire?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    I'll buy one when I get the money. A good Piston AR cost at least 1500, what is 500 more.... if I'm going to do it I might as well do it right. I'll have to wait a little longer to save a little more, but oh well, it will pay off when the ACR haters drool all over it.

Piston ARs first came out they started at 2000, and everyone was pissed because HK said they wouldn't make a 416 for the American market.

An ACR being a little over 2000 isn't that crazy.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    price difference b/t basic and enhanced on both of those sites are strange. The Enhanced from georgia is probably jacked up knowing everyone wants enhanced

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Considering that the dealer cost was reported to be $1959, those prices on Bud's Gun Shop are surprisingly low.
    The reported dealer costs that people were posting after SHOT were incorrect.

Well, not incorrect, but not the whole story. High volume gun shops with established Bushmaster relationships got significantly better pricing. No-name FFLs who walked up to Bushmaster on the SHOT Show floor, presented legit documentation and asked about ACR pricing got much higher numbers.

My dealer already told me the price would be $1950 for the first one that shows up any day now. I called Bushmaster and was told they started shipping on March 1.

Feedback Score
    Well I'm stickin to my initial assessment. I will give it a year or so to let the kinks get worked out. In a year or so, I will assess whether the ACR or SCAR looks more promising, and go that route. Hopefully the price will have come down some in that time.

Until then, my new AUG and my Colts will keep me happy....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    just throwing more street prices out there:
    http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.ph...n_acr_for_sale

$2284/$2599

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334