Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ACR Available 3/1/10

Feedback Score
    I'm personally interested in the barrel set-up. This is touted to have quick change barrels - so is the LMT MRP but the MRP is limited to barrels from LMT. If you can take any barrel off the shelf and bolt on the gas piston part then the whole barrel issue is a moot point - you could have darn near any configuration, length, material, etc because there are so many AR barrels out there. If it is proprietary then the barrel issue becomes a pretty big deal.

I've seen a few SCARs out there around $2500 but that's the lowest I've seen and I haven't seen many at that price.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Maybe $2700 is the loaded version

Also, I'm looking all over the place for a SCAR, and can't find one cheaper than $2800 THAT IS IN STOCK.
    LAst gun show I went to I saw SCAR's for 2500 on average
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    I'm personally interested in the barrel set-up. This is touted to have quick change barrels - so is the LMT MRP but the MRP is limited to barrels from LMT. If you can take any barrel off the shelf and bolt on the gas piston part then the whole barrel issue is a moot point - you could have darn near any configuration, length, material, etc because there are so many AR barrels out there. If it is proprietary then the barrel issue becomes a pretty big deal.

I've seen a few SCARs out there around $2500 but that's the lowest I've seen and I haven't seen many at that price.

Spooky
    ACR uses AR15/M16 barrels, but different gas system components put on it, as well as the barrel nut and ratchet system also. They use a midlength gas system so youll need gas ports drilled for a middy (except the 10.5" barrel which is drilled with the carbine length). Since the factory barrels appear to be govt profile, then you'll have to select a govt profile barrel possibly.

Buds Gun Shop sells SCARs even for $2250ish, but I've never seen them in stock.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 01-18-10 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    ACR uses AR15/M16 barrels, but different gas system components put on it, as well as the barrel nut and ratchet system also. They use a midlength gas system so youll need gas ports drilled for a middy (except the 10.5" barrel which is drilled with the carbine length). Since the factory barrels appear to be govt profile, then you'll have to select a govt profile barrel possibly.

Buds Gun Shop sells SCARs even for $2250ish, but I've never seen them in stock.
    Are you 100% sure on the ACR barrels? Not saying you can't be right but there is so much misinformation out there that I'm going to wait a few more days to get the finalized details. We've waited so long what's couple more days?

Spooky

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    deleted:
    Last edited by sadmin; 01-18-10 at 14:36. Reason: pointless post
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals View Post
    I also don't like the fact that there is no 16" barrel, they went with 18".
    The Bushmaster E-Newsletter linked in the OP specifically states a 16-1/2" barrel under "Starting Configuration"; I believe the 10.5", 14.5" and 18" lengths shown under "Fully Modular Design" are options/alternatives.
    Last edited by shooter521; 01-18-10 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    Are you 100% sure on the ACR barrels? Not saying you can't be right but there is so much misinformation out there that I'm going to wait a few more days to get the finalized details. We've waited so long what's couple more days?

Spooky
    in the Future Weapons episode they said when designing the ACR after starting out with the M16, the only thing left was the trigger group, front sight post, and the barrel.

looks a heck of a lot similar to an AR/M16 barrel:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w...ston_4-tfb.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    in the Future Weapons episode they said when designing the ACR after starting out with the M16, the only thing left was the trigger group, front sight post, and the barrel.

looks a heck of a lot similar to an AR/M16 barrel:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w...ston_4-tfb.jpg
    The barrel looks like an M4 profile - don't know why they'd have the M203 notch in it unless they are just using barrels that are on hand. And it shows that is probably not located in the "normal" midlength position.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    it is in the midlength position, a M4 carbine barrel has extra space between its gas block and the notch, here the gas block is adjacent to the M203 notch.

plus it says it here, the first owner of a consumer ACR that auctioned it in the AAC Silencer Shoot charity auction:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...er-acr-photos/

Feedback Score
    If it is a 1x9 twist barrel, at the SHOT show, would someone kindly take a spare barrel and beat the Bushmaster people about the head and shoulders with it.

Sometimes I think the camel came about because the Bushmaster people got the blueprints for a horse.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast