Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Advanced Armament Corp at SHOT

I will start with AAC....

AAC's booth was busy as usual, with some of the best looking guns on the rack, the AAC booth received a lot of attention every year along with vedry brisk business for Kevin and his gang.

I will start with the new SPR/M4 suppressor, a reflexive style suppressor with a 3rd generation QD mount which instead of one starter point on the acme thread, it has five. this allow for the supporessor to align to the POI on paper. You can literally mount the suppressor on any of the five starting point and watch your POI walk a full circle back to the origianl POI. very slick, very effectgive way to provide a perfect no zero lost with and without the can....and this can also work with different loads you might be using out of the same platform.

You can clear see the different thread starting points on the 3 prone style flash hider

The numbers are marked on the suppressor to coorspond to each individual starting point on the flash hider. once confirm which starter point is the perfect no zero lost mount, mark the number and you are good to go. you can also mark each individual number for the different types of ammo you might be shooting out of your platform.

One of AAC's local dealer's well used M4-2000.

Suppressing the piston driven LWRC

Custom 1911 by Dave Erickson of Condition One mated to an AAC Evolution 45

Another view of the Evo-45 on HK USP
    Last edited by SMGLee; 01-22-09 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

AAC mounted to the FN Mk46.

thread on style can for those that want the shortest possible platform with a min. shot requirement per mission. this gun was also featured in the first MagPul Dynamics DVD shot by one of the AAC personnel.

Suppressing the 308 with the SCAR spec'ed can.

HK MP7 suppressed, still a very compact package.

The always welcome photo op...Dual HK 416 in 10.5 CQB and the 14.5 M4 format, suppressed by AAC's 416 cans.

Comparing the HK416CQB vs. the old school but still a well loved MP5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Integrated 9mm AR SMG, great platform for those that can no0t afford a MP5SD.

Barret 6.8 suppressed.

M240 suppressed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Armalite at SHOT

Armalite at SHOT!!

Last edited by SMGLee; 01-30-09 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Finally, a forward bolt assist.

Newly developed carry handle and bi-pod for the AR50

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ARMS at SHOT

I bring you the ARMS booth. the most interesting item at ARMS this year is an adjustable throw lever in order to make sure the ARMS product will fit all the various rail deminsion on the market and ensure ARMS' future for years to come.

The ARMS next generation SIR with the flip up front sight gas block.

The #58MOD can only work with the standard FSB, the new ARMS flip up front sight is not compatible with this version of the SIR MOD, a fix is in the works and should be surface by this year.

The next generation ARMs throw lever with adjustable wheel to better fit any rail size difference.

The new thrwo lever has a small lock tab that can be adjust by the knob at the end of the lever. and by loosening the knob/tab, the rail tension adjustment wheel could be accessed to dial the throw lever to better fit the rail system.

As far as how durable this system is compare to the competition, only time will tell. but the future ARMS throw lever rest on this new evolutionary development. all ARMS levers in the future will have this feature.

ARMS' own single/two points sling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gemtech at SHOT

Gemtech

HK 416 with Gemtech's Halo can, attach to any 5.56 STANAG flash hider

FN P90 PDW suppressed.

Gemtech HVT on bolt and semi auto rifles...

Integrated 9mm SMG...

Integrated Ruger22 and the ever popular Walther P22.

Multi-Mount suppressor...

FN FiveseveN suppressed.
    Last edited by SMGLee; 01-30-09 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The only Army ever to beat the Troy Army is the Spartans, ARMS' Spartan rail system...

Lower section rail can be removed via two push pins located at the front of the rail.

Instead of pushing the pin to remove the lower section of the rail, you can push the same pins in the opposite direction to relief the top section rail. this method will help some of the piston system maker to better access their top loading piston and piston rods.

Or you can add a dual LED lighting module to this top section opening. remote switch have different source to activate individual light or all of the light or any combo.

The LED light module, can be used as a handheld or weapon mount

approx. 150Lumens LED light source powered by two CR123 batteries, very much in line with the Surefire Scout light at half of the price.

Mate with a new generation ARMs throw lever ring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last but not least, ARMS's innovative Ring of fire...

Light modules can be installed individually, each light module is 150 lumens, if you have all six light modules install, you have well over 900 lumens available....a lot of lights.

No battery life stats were available as this is a competely new prototype.

User can individually tailor the light mount to best suit the mission perimeter.

since it is only just a SLA rapid prototype model, the battery compartment doors on this particular unit are cinched by zip tie.

User can spec'ed top three lights as White light, two lower side lights as IR and bottom light as a low power LED nav light all source can be controlled via one switch and a control pad as you seen in the above post in this image below

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Daniel Defense at SHOT

Daniel Defense has a new offering in the form of a complete M4 rifle, this rifle had some great input by Larry Vickers and the end product shows in this fit, function and specification.

Enlarged mag well flare, a very nice touch to a fine rifle.

It is based on a new rail system developed espaically for this gun, the new Daniel Defense rail has a similar installation method as the Omega rail.

This rear sight has to be about one of the best thing to come about in awhile, it is very simple, extremely functional and superbely designed. two noteable standout in this arena is LMT and LaRue, the LMT is huge, with big knob that can snag, the LaRue is slim, light wieght and beautifully made, but there is not need for a QD on a standalone rear sight, so this DD rear sight is the best of LMT and LaRue.

with a robust A1 style rear sight knob.

in the final version even the dual peep will be like thge A1 sight with the same plane apartures. I really like this rear sight.....!

The revised SOPMOD Block 2 RAS. this has to be my favorite rail system. It has the same rail feature as the KAC MRE(my original favorite), the excellent attachment system as the lite rail, awesome machine work inside and out and a detachable lower rail section for M203, or in my civilian case, maintain and clean the barrel..little pricy, but worth every penny.

It is sad when I want to build a gun around this rail system.....Get me a Centurion Arms hammer forged barrel and their upper, mate to this rail, have Monty put it all together....hmmmm! one reason I hate coming to SHOT, I get all sorts of ideas on how to spend my $$ for the rest of the year.

Mk18 rail.......NICE!!

Last edited by SMGLee; 01-22-09 at 17:20.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast