Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My pleasure to be able to bring those pictures to you.

hopefully we can do that again in 2010...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Tactical forums would not be the same without your pictures.

THANK YOU!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    gotta say thanks as well, I always look forward to your pic reports after shot when I dont get to go myself. I appreciate all the work you put in for the rest of us slobs.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, for sharing and for the great pics.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrake View Post
    Thanks SMGLee.

Quick correction, We don't make the Duo stock, that is the ACS.

Also the price on the MBUS will be $100 for a set, $60 for the rear and $40 for the front.
    I've heard mention regarding the MBUS that the front site will melt if mounted on a gas block rail system.

I am a total newbie to the AR platform, and so please pardon my ignorance. I understand the gas block gets really hot, but I figured with that this would be taken into consideration when choosing the polymer for the front site.

I have been looking forward to purchasing the MBUS for some time, but will be mounting the front on a railed gas block, can it take the heat?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I've heard mention regarding the MBUS that the front site will melt if mounted on a gas block rail system.

I am a total newbie to the AR platform, and so please pardon my ignorance. I understand the gas block gets really hot, but I figured with that this would be taken into consideration when choosing the polymer for the front site.

I have been looking forward to purchasing the MBUS for some time, but will be mounting the front on a railed gas block, can it take the heat?
    From what i'v seen the MBUS will not be able to be mounted to the gas block as it is designed to be mounted to the handguard. The front sight will not be high enough to be in line with the rear sight.
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    Anyone have any idea if the new end plate sling adapter will work with a UBR?
    I've got a right-now solution for you, bud. Put a sling swivel cup on either side of the tube just behind the receiver (pre-production models already have this, production models will require either another cup or moving the one from the rear of the stock). Put 2 sling swivels in. Tie them together with 550 cord. Clip into the 550 cord. Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    From what i'v seen the MBUS will not be able to be mounted to the gas block as it is designed to be mounted to the handguard. The front sight will not be high enough to be in line with the rear sight.
    Would I be able to by the rear sight and then mount a different front sight MidWest, or Troy perhaps? I realize these may be ignorant questions, but I haven't found a gun smith where I am that can answer any of them.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    YHM is coming out with a gas block-mounted riser that allows usage of rail-mounted front sights on their gas block riser base. But it kind of defeats the economics of the MBUIS to begin with since this riser block is $30-40 IIRC.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the pictures and for sharing all the information. Your effort and time is greatly appreciated

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast