Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Couple of left over Daniel Defense pictures

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

EOTech at SHOT

EOTEch had a very interesting sight on display this year...

As much as I hated the 511/551 N cell battery version, which I voice in publically, i do find the compactness of the sight a welcome feature.

This new sight eliminate two problems, the constant recoil of the forward mounted battery and also the short and unstable life span of a Alakaline N cell battery by placing a CR123 battery side ways in a 551 style body with a revised, more robust mounting thumb screw.

Short, compact, more reliable, and offer a 500hours of battery life....AWESOME.

Mate to this awesome new sight is the a much better designed 3x magnifier which no longer look like a pineapple...G23 is the next generation EOTech magnifier...

The new Magnifier retain the excellent Samson flip to side mount but mate the actual mounting system to the newcomer American Defense quick release mount.

Instead of having a complicated adjustment system on the mount like the last generation platform, the new magifier will have windage and elevation adjustment build within the magnifier. so all the adjustment are now internal instead of exposed to the elements....

Some might want to know since the magnifier does NOT has a reticle, why do you need adjustments? this is becuase everyone's eyes are aligned differently and also some rail system to optic mount do not line up perfectly straight, so in a perfect world, your magnifer does not have to have a adjustment, but in a world that we live in, this feature is a must, especially I had problem with POI shift with EOTech mate with Aimpont magnifier but once I was able to make the adjustment with the EOTech magnifer, the POI shift went away...

The new G23 3x Magnifier with EOTech 557 with build in BDC and side mount control buttons.

Another new developement is the new battery box for the AA 552/512system, the new battery box are in line with the new 553 and 555 series. a more compact and more fluid design.

The box will better accommdate the M4 style handguard, so the larger foot print will no longer be an issue with mounting other accessories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

EOtech's prototype Grenade launcher sight developed and funded specifically at the request of ARDEC. This will not and can not be a commerical item, but nontheless, a very cool system.

EOTech EOLAD2 SOCOM version.

EOTech 556, basically a 557 with CR123 batteries and standard reticle.

Interesting standalone rear sight, this sight by Joesph Kiser is not a folding rear sight, but a standalone. works much like a ghost ring and offer a unclutter view of the red dot reticle, but at the same time still offer a mechanical rear sight for those that perfer an co-witness with a constant iron sight in view.

Kiser Munition BUIS www.kisermunitions.com
    Last edited by SMGLee; 01-22-09 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    L3 bought Litton and placed it under EOTech banner....Here is some of their offerings.

Feedback Score
    is that a new MK18 FDE rail ? I have one dated Feb 2008 and it looks slightly different. thanks. Great pics as usual.

Feedback Score
    do the 7-08 use the same gen 2 308 mags ? how many rounds can you fit ? thanks.
    Last edited by Impact; 01-22-09 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    ArmaLite has added forward assists to their AR-10's!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics Lee! That complete rifle looks great.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    AWESOME!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very nice!

They will sell a bazillion of those sights... including at least one to me.

Thanks for the pics.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast