Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What is the status on those lights?
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    Ahh LWRC... My future mistress. Too much money on my measly pay.
    OIF Vet | 0331

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Why bother

Why bother with an over priced company that LIED on TV when they said "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)

Ummmmm..... Last I checked they were'nt asked. They only responded to a published RFI

and guess what?

They failed to even make the initial down select

I think the comment was something to the effect of: "Nice range plinker, but when you go to combat you want something reliable"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    Why bother with an over priced company that LIED on TV when they said "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)

Ummmmm..... Last I checked they were'nt asked. They only responded to a published RFI
    Do you know which video this was in? I just watched the Future Weapons edisode on the IAR and it wasn't in there.

and guess what?

They failed to even make the initial down select

I think the comment was something to the effect of: "Nice range plinker, but when you go to combat you want something reliable"
    Do you know why they were downselected? It wasn't reliability BTW.

Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen_H; 08-29-09 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Edited to help keep the peace
    I guess we can't let facts get in the way
    Last edited by Rogue7a; 08-29-09 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    Edited to help keep the peace
    I guess we can't let facts get in the way
    I'm more than happy to discuss facts on or off line. I don't like seeing rumor and innuendo thrown haphazardly at any reputable company. If you want to take a stab at them, no problem, but I think it's disingenuous to just float something out there without giving the casual reader a frame of reference or back story.

Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen_H; 08-29-09 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    I'm more than happy to discuss facts on or off line. I don't like seeing rumor and innuendo thrown haphazardly at any reputable company. If you want to take a stab at them, no problem, but I think it's disingenuous to just float something out there without giving the casual reader a frame of reference or back story.

Stephen
    Really Stephen? Really? En-eff-ing-lighten us then. Please oh Mighty Prime Vendor! Tell us how they were cheated! Scream from the mountain tops the transgressions of Infantry Weapons for shunning them! Serve us the Kool-aid! You are truly the beacon that penetrates the murky light of government on why they would cast aside a submittal made by a small buisness. Oh yes my messiah save us from our ignorance! We sit at your mighty feet yerning for knowledge stareing in awe at the plethora of "Demo" uppers rained upon you due to your status as a true and faithful deciple of LWRC (Or whatever they are calling themselves this week.... must be challenging to make up new names based on that acronym)

We await your celestial wisdom

Make it quick though because the ice is melting in everyones kool-aid and the popcorn is getting cold

Feedback Score
    Really Stephen? Really? En-eff-ing-lighten us then. Please oh Mighty Prime Vendor! Tell us how they were cheated! Scream from the mountain tops the transgressions of Infantry Weapons for shunning them! Serve us the Kool-aid! You are truly the beacon that penetrates the murky light of government on why they would cast aside a submittal made by a small buisness. Oh yes my messiah save us from our ignorance! We sit at your mighty feet yerning for knowledge stareing in awe at the plethora of "Demo" uppers rained upon you due to your status as a true and faithful deciple of LWRC (Or whatever they are calling themselves this week.... must be challenging to make up new names based on that acronym)

We await your celestial wisdom

Make it quick though because the ice is melting in everyones kool-aid and the popcorn is getting cold
    I never anywhere in my post said that I felt they were cheated. I stated that you were not being accurate in your comments. As I understand it from Major M at MARCORSYSCOM and a couple friends at AWG they were down selected because they failed the accuracy requirement. You implied they failed the reliability requirement.

Also, I asked where you got the quote "The Marines came to us and asked us to make this rifle" (Re the LWRC IAR)". I couldn't find it in the Future Weapons episode. I'm not making an accusation; I just wanted to hear it myself.

By the way, we (Blue Force Gear) are not a Prime Vendor, but we do support several suppliers that are (now called Special Operational Equipment TLS Program).

Feel free to contact me anytime:

Stephen Hilliard
    Director of Product Development
    stephen@blueforcegear.com
    www.blueforcegear.com
    1-877-430-2583 Office
    1-912-704-1209 Mobile
    1-912-330-0179 Fax

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    I As I understand it from Major M at MARCORSYSCOM and a couple friends at AWG they were down selected because they failed the accuracy requirement.
    Wow..... You laud the facets of LWRC and then now tell me that they admittedly make a firearm that fails to meet accuracy requirements? And we all know that the accuracy requirments of an M4 (or SAW) are oh SOOOOOO stringent (Isn't it like 4 moa?) So what you are saying is that you are backing a rebuilt (Not PURPOSE BUILT) M4 Piston Conversion Rifle for $1900.00 that can't accurately engage a target?

Well slap my ass and call me Charlie!

Hey Ya'all jump in line! Sign me up for three!

Oh and Steve-o..... yeah if you are gonna be insistent on terminology.... your statement that they "Were down selected" would imply that they were chosen for further review. The correct term would have been they "Were NOT selected"

And further more.... you are that familiar with the reviewing personnel that he told you, a "Vendor" why the LWRC was not down selected?

Hmmmmm

Funny... 'cause I am pretty sure they are not even obligated to tell the respondant to the submittal "Why"
    Last edited by Rogue7a; 08-30-09 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Yep this is what this has turned into. While as you can see I am on top... Only the pig is having fun.

I'd much rather waste my time with this:

I don't know why I would expect objectiveness from a vendor.

Lock this thing

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast