Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: 2009 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Cool

According to DrDrake/Magpul on AR15 site there will be new info released from Bushmaster at the 2010 Shot Show on the ACR.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...174298&page=27

Here is what he said.

Posted: Yesterday 11:29:07 PM EST
    "Yes, there will be new info related to the ACR released by Bushmaster. That's all I'm going to say. Cheers."
    Last edited by recon; 01-02-10 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Today was the first time I've heard of this spat between the two companies.

If any brand wants to push one of their competitors product to the limit, then display that product after it has been abused, they NEED to display their own product side by side.

I don't see how you can honestly say that your company had the money to purchase another companies suppressor to destroy, was willing to pay for the ammo to destroy it, yet they couldn't find a video camera to borrow that day.

I bring a video camera to the range to review my shooting technique, and you wanted to conduct destructive testing on a rival product, with the intention of using it against your competitor...and you couldn't find a video camera?

To the consumer, it certainly looks like something is being hidden...and that alone is enough to steer me away from buying from the company in question.

Feedback Score

2009 SHOT Show Threads

Older threads merged here

Feedback Score
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Bump.
    Did you even spend one moment reading this? Our Admin just consolidated all of LAST YEARS 2009 SHOT THREADS into this one.

Please relax, people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Yes, and we have no empirical/video proof that AAC's suppressors can withstand it either, do we?

So as it stands right now, all we really know is that one Gemtech can, and one Surefire can, tested by AAC personnel, have been defeated. Sample sizes of one only tell you about that ONE unit. When it is repeated, with variables reduced, or eliminated, then you can indicate a trend.

A single data point can not show a trend up or down, can it?

If AAC would like to put this issue to bed, they should post an unedited video doing this exact test with their products as well as a few more samples of the SF and Gemtech products.
    The owner of ADCO firearms performed a similar test with the G5 and it passed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjveMwnwIvs

Feedback Score
    No, that is a 4 minute video. It takes at least 20 minutes to do the test. I believe he did 1/4 of the test.

Feedback Score

wow

i like the slim gas port on the acc, and some of those 1911 are just out right beautiful.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930